x

Can you reset the order ticket number to start with number one each day?

Can you reset the order ticket number to start with number one each day?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Admin

It's not possible to set the order ticket number to restart start at one again each day @pft.

However, you can change your Order Tickets settings so that you enter a custom number for each ticket instead. That'll give you more control.

To change your Order Ticket settings: 

1. Navigate to the Settings section of the POS app.
  2. Tap Printers >  Order Tickets.
  3. Select the option to Enter Custom Number or Name.
  4. Tap the back arrow in the upper left to return to your settings.
️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 2 of 10

Like the title, how do I reset Auto-Assign Ticket Numbers?

I wanna start my opening with order number 1 everyday, so that all the employees can know how many orders we got so far during the day.

I cannot find that function yet. 

Anyboday knows?

Message 3 of 10
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Cocohodo

I've moved your post over to this existing thread, as your fellow seller @ptf had the same question. 

This isn't an available feature right now, but I can see how it would make orders a bit easier to manage as far as count during the day. 

You can also use your transactions report for the day to show this information as well. 

Message 4 of 10

We would like this function (along with the thread we started 2 years ago,  Text messaging feature) as well. Also, it would be nice that the numbers be continuous until the drawer is closed.  In other words, you start at 1 and it keeps going up till you end the drawer.  If I am working on order 98 and someone (such as this elderly lady at this one show) who just ordered with a ticket number 12, it makes it easier on the operator to say I am working on 98, it should be just a few more minutes than to have to explain the system (some people, for whatever reason, do not understand).  

Thanks!!

Message 5 of 10

This reply created from merging an existing thread: "Can you reset a order ticket number ????" The author has been notified via email.

Please implement the functions
1. Be able to reset the order number for each day, starting service at a random number is stupid.
2. Training mode! I've got a heap of transactions for training purposes and now can't clear them.

I wish I knew this before I purchased it, think I would have have got with a system that address these issues .

Message 6 of 10

Would you please implement the ability to reset the auto assigned number back to 1?

Ideally automactially reset to 1 at the beginning of each business day.

Message 7 of 10

When Will you add ability to reset the order ticket number to 1 each day.  

Message 8 of 10

We need the ability to reset the ticket counter to 1 everyday as well as not having a rollover to 1 after the 99th customer. Ideally the counter would not stop until the user resets it back to 0.

Message 9 of 10

At sometime last November (2021), I specifically remember seeing a spot where I could change the order numbers to restart every day or just roll through until 100 and restart, but now I can’t figure out how to do it

Message 10 of 10