x

Services sync is half working/half broken? How do I get pricing and the service to sync to a sale?

I just emailed support. Looks like they closed an hour ago. Why did we wait till 11 hours before migration to square? Thats at the end.

The base problem is that data is not syncing correctly from the appointments app to the pos app. In some cases.

Just uninstalled and reinstalled both the POS and Appointments applications using the user (user1) which is an admin in the square web interface.

In the appointments app- I can click an appointment in the past and hit "Checkout," a blue bar type button.

The appointment app correctly closes. It brings up a restaurant menu looking interface. The Name of the client is at the top of the screen, Charge 0.00. Below is a list that says all items available although not the service that was in the appointment. No data has synced from the appointments app to this register looking screen to help the transaction along.

The list of items/services is wrong, there are services but they say variable price, all services are entered as fixed price in the appointment app. Right now, on the POS app we can see 6 services (of the 37 you can see in the web interface or appointment app) at the top of the list. Balayage 2 hours variable price, bang trim 15 min variable price for example.

Now if we go to the appointments app, or the web interface for appointments using a windows computer we can make a change. If I pick an existing service and change the name of the service so that it has an extra space in the middle and hit save... and now it appears on the ipad pos app. But wait there's more... it is variable price, not the fixed price I have entered. So any change will somehow trigger an update of certain fields- show service on ipad, show (broken) price, show time etc.

If I create a new service, it will show up on the POS app but list variable price. I just built it, it is fixed at $175. So, the name and time of the service are correct, the price is not. I do not know what other variables are not syncing.

ipad is latest, apps are latest, all uninstalled reinstalled with the same username/pass etc.

Anyone have any ideas? I'd love to get this fixed in the next 12 hours before checkout on the first client tomorrow.

ps- reason for the late switch, we started with Meevo a month or so ago. Meevo loves firefox. Meevo is written in silverlight. Last week Firefox announced end of support for NPAPI langauges on March 7th. So a few days ago we began migrating to square appointments. We can survive with paper till this gets fixed but its going to suck.

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Oh my, well support says this is new. They were able to log in as us and verify the problem with one of their test ipads. I'll let yall know if there is a resolution in case this comes up again. 

Message 2 of 7
Admin

Hi @andreas — welcome to the seller community! 💯

Really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with this issue, and for following up with our Support Team. I just went to check on this as well, and I can see that what you described here is being actively looked into by our Appointments Team.

Please feel free to circle back if anything else comes up, and we'll also update this thread with any other helpful developments.

Again, thank you for your flexibility and patience while we work through this.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 3 of 7

I have the same problem with fixed price services. I set a fixed price for 30min private swim lessons at $35 dollars in the services section. Shows up just fine in the booking site but in checkout, I have to manually re-enter the price each time.

Message 4 of 7

Hello @wilsonjpd, welcome to the Seller Community! 

Quick question, are you checking these customers out on the Square Appointments App or the Square Point of Sale App? 

I'll keep an eye out for your reply! 

Message 5 of 7

The appointments app

Message 6 of 7

I see @wilsonjpd, there might be an underlying issue with your Appointments App. I recommend reaching out to our Customer Success Team so they can take a closer look at your account with you over the phone! 

Message 7 of 7