x

Is there a way to contact previous customers?

I'm a musician using Square to sell my records at shows. My label screwed up the download codes that were included with each record, and now I have to provide new codes for everyone who's made a purchase. I'd love to contact the people who've made purchases instead of waiting for them to contact me. Is there any contact trail left from a purchase? PayPal provides the customer's email, and Venmo gives you the option to comment on the interaction, which have been useful. What can I do for those that purchased via Square?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Hey @Maxjaffe, welcome to the Seller Community and sorry to hear about the mixup with the codes.

I think that our Square Email Marketing email option can help you reach out to the necessary customers. You could use the "Send a quick update" campaign option as a freeform letter with directions on how your customers can contact you to correct the issue.

You can identify which customers purchased your records from the Directory tab and using the filter options to see who visited recently. From there, you can create a custom group for people who you know purchased a specific record and send out the email campaign.

If you haven't used Square Marketing, you can take advantage of the 30-day free trial. For more information, have a look here: Get Started with Square Marketing.

Hope this helps get you in the right direction. Please let me know if any questions remain!

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 2