x

How to apply payment to an invoice using the Square POS App?

No option comes up to 'PAY NOW' when I select the invoice - even though my reader is saying ready.

What am I doing wrong? 

Also, when are you going to set up CUSTOMER NAME AND ADDRESS details on invoices - I need them for the health care industry I work in for clients to make a claim from their insurer.

Helen

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Hey @HelenDownUnder,

Thanks for getting in touch!

You should be able to open an invoice via the POS app then scroll down to the button that says "More" then press "Charge" - this will allow your customers to pay an invoice in person with your card reader.

You can tie a customer name and address to an invoice by using the Customer Directory - though this won't display the address on the invoice, you can manually add this info via the "message" box when you send an invoice. I'd be happy to pass this feature request to our product team - I can see how it would be very handy especially in the health care industry!

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any questions 🙂

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4

Further more to this....

I am wanting to use the Invoicing Feature on Square, however I am wonderng how the Customer pays the invoice?  Where do we enter payment details AND will the invoice have a click button for them to pay the invoice?  I sent a TEST Invoice to myself and it had no option to click and pay.

Message 3 of 4
Admin

Hey @sportsuniforms,

Thanks for reaching out!

Keep in mind that if you are sending yourself a test invoice, you will receive two emails - one as the seller (which contains no payment link) and one as the customer (which will contain a payment link).

The email we send to customers will contain the payment link - check back for this email, or if in doubt, send a test email to an email address other than the one you use to log into your Square account - this should clear up how invoices work and how they appear from the customer end 🙂

Hope this helps, please let me know if you have any questions!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4