x
Alumni

Early Access to the Android Appointments App!

Hey folks!

I’m very excited to announce that we are recruiting sellers for an early access program for Square Appointments on Android!

appts-android-01.png

As of right now, the Appointments functionality in the app is very limited. You’ll be able to view a calendar of your appointments and personal events one day at a time, view the details of individual appointments, and check out those appointments directly in the app. Anything you'd typically do in Square Point of Sale-- creating items, managing customers, sending invoices-- you’ll also be able to do from this app.

We’ll be regularly adding more functionality to the app as we move towards launching it to everyone, but I want to make sure you know that this is an early access version-- if it were end-to-end ready with all the features needed for anyone to use it, we’d just skip ahead to launching it to everyone!

Being part of the early access program means you'll be able to provide feedback, and the Appointments product team will listen closely to your input. We may reach out to talk directly about how things are going from time to time. Your thoughts and suggestions will help us shape the path we take from now to launch and beyond!

If you’re interested, please reply to this thread and we’ll reach out via email. We’re keeping our audience limited to start, so we may not be able to invite you to try it out immediately. But we’ll be sure to reach out to everyone and let you know when you should expect an invitation to join.

Thank you all for your help as we continue to work towards launching Appointments on Android. I personally can’t wait to see this thing go out to everyone-- I know there will be at least 12 pages worth of happy sellers when that happens 🙂

Cheers!

Devon M

Product Manager - Square Appointments

Message 1 of 413
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Thank you to all who have shown interest in testing the Square Appointments app! Also, thank you to those who have reached out to the beta team to gain access! 

I have good news for everyone! The Square Appointments App is now in Open Beta! This means you can download app from the Google Play Store or by selecting this link on your Android device

You can create, manage and take payments for your appointments directly from the Square Appointments app. You can also view upcoming and past appointments as well as customer information.

We are finalizing things and tuning out a few tweaks, but plan to GA very soon! 

Please go ahead and download the app! Feel free to share feedback here or at betafeedback@squareup.com 

Thanks, 

Howard, Square Beta Team

Howard
Beta Team Lead, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage

View Best Answer >

Message 408 of 413
412 REPLIES 412
Beta Member

Me too!  Im Android user!   Please

Angel

Message 85 of 413

I'm interested in this Android app [Personal Information Redacted]

Message 86 of 413
Alumni

Thanks for sharing your interest @TraunikBarber! I removed your email address for your privacy, but someone will be following up with you shortly 🙂 

Message 87 of 413

Thanks, @katieand

Message 88 of 413

Its been three months and I haven't heard from anybody about this beta.

Message 89 of 413
Alumni

Hi @TraunikBarber - I think our team might have gotten behind following up with folks because there's been so much demand. I reached out to them and they'll be following up!

Message 90 of 413

I am interested in the early access program for android. Let a player know what good is.

Message 91 of 413

Hi, I'm interested in the app! I am currently using StyleSeat for appointments and cant wait to integrate all to Square Appointments.

Message 92 of 413

When can I expect an invite? I saw some were already sent out. 

Message 93 of 413

I need the android version of the calendar /appointments ASAP

Thanks

Message 94 of 413

Hello,

I am interested in the early beta. Please let me know what else to provide: [personal information redacted] 

Message 95 of 413

Hi,

When should I expect an invite? I still am very much interested!

Message 96 of 413

Nevermind! I received it in my email!

Message 97 of 413

I would like to be included on this, I did go and buy a IPad to use the appointment app sooner as I needed to run my business smoothly and integrated,  but most of my equipment is android and I prefer it, so I would like to be able to compare the two and help where needed, as the one thing that the app is lacking is possibly checking in clients or pressing and holding to move appointment would be nice to add to either. Thank you again 

Message 98 of 413

I would like to be considered to for beta test please. I have staff who’s an android user and this appointment app is necessary for easy success in the fitness business.

Thanks!

Message 99 of 413

When will you all have the appointment app for android users?

Message 100 of 413
Super Seller

Message 101 of 413
Admin

@ELS123 Would you be interested in joining the early access program? 

Howard
Beta Team Lead, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 102 of 413

Yes, absolutely...  what do I need to do?

Message 103 of 413
Admin

Thanks @ELS! All you need to do is post here as you've done, and a member of the team will email you as soon as they can. Thanks for your patience in the meantime! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 104 of 413

I am interested in early access as well.

Message 105 of 413