x

iPad - Items not syncing from Dashboard

There is a price change for all the items in my inventory, I did an export of the item list in the Computer, modified the csv with the new prices and uploaded it. I am able to see the new prices properly in the web, but my iPad app does not show any item at all. I already tried uninstalling and reinstalling. I have also tried installing in a new device as well. Am I missing something or did I do something wrong ?

Message 1 of 15
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Items in dashboard not in register.

Update: It does appear that our engineering team has identified the root cause of this issue. They're working on a fix as we speak. I'll share more details as soon as I have them! Thanks so much for everyones patience! 

14 REPLIES 14

I can only see 30 of my 226 items on my register. They are all on my dashboard. What do I do? Please don't say I have to add them manually to the register! 

Tags (1)
Message 2 of 15

i'm having the same problem. I create an item and it does not show up in the store.

Message 3 of 15

Have you tried restarting the app? Also, make sure you're connected to the internet so it syncs the items properly.

Message 4 of 15
Square

Thanks so much for bringing this to our attention, and so sorry to hear about the trouble! 😕  I'm going to dig a bit deeper here so I can see what the next steps will be for getting this sorted out! Stay posted please. 

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 5 of 15
Square

Update: It does appear that our engineering team has identified the root cause of this issue. They're working on a fix as we speak. I'll share more details as soon as I have them! Thanks so much for everyones patience! 

Sean
he/him/his
Message 6 of 15

I am experiencing the same issue. Utilizing Square's provided template, I successfully imported all of my items (and prices and categories) into my Square Dashboard. I can only see the Categories in my Square App but not the Items list. I have uninstalled & reinstalled the Square App, logged in and out with my username and Device Code all several times. None of that has worked thus far. Please help.

Message 7 of 15

Hello @cmoore, that sounds really weird.

Is there any way you could share a screen shot of the items section of your Point of Sale App? I'll keep an eye out for your reply! 

Message 8 of 15
Square

@PRbyMonica - You're account should be good to go now too.  Please avoid performing any imports again until tomorrow.

Sean
he/him/his
Message 9 of 15
Square

@avanthi4ever - Happy to deliver an update, your accounts has been adjusted to correct the issue you were experiencing. As a background we recently updated our Item library functionality, which had some unfortunate side effects for those sellers using the import/export tool. To resolve the problem, we had to restore a previous version of your library before you attempted an import. This does mean that you may have lost any recent changes made in the import, but you will get back full inventory functionality.  Please avoid performing any imports again until tomorrow.

@Amyjo - Would you mind reaching out directly? We'll need to have you help us identify exactly which items are missing. Thanks a ton! 

@PRbyMonica - Our engineers are still looking into your account, and hope to have a fix in place soon. I'll let you know once I hear back! 

Sean
he/him/his
Message 10 of 15

Thanks the issue is sorted now.

Message 11 of 15

I am having the same problem as well on my iPad. It works fine on my phone but I only see a few items on my IPad grid out of the many that are on my list. Please help!

Message 12 of 15
Square

@Cslotnick - Sorry to hear! Have you already had a chance to sign out, and then back in? Have you had a chance to check for app updates? Also, have you had a chance to delete, and then reinstall the app? 

Sean
he/him/his
Message 13 of 15

I took a screenshot of my dashboard. Please Give me an email that can go directly to Sean that I can attach photos. 

Thanks. Cindy

Message 14 of 15

Helo @Cslotinick, you can post the photos on the Seller Community! 

Or you can reach out to our Support Team and they will be able to take a closer look at them. Sean has moved to another team at Square. 

Message 15 of 15