x
Alumni

Early Access to the Android Appointments App!

Hey folks!

I’m very excited to announce that we are recruiting sellers for an early access program for Square Appointments on Android!

appts-android-01.png

As of right now, the Appointments functionality in the app is very limited. You’ll be able to view a calendar of your appointments and personal events one day at a time, view the details of individual appointments, and check out those appointments directly in the app. Anything you'd typically do in Square Point of Sale-- creating items, managing customers, sending invoices-- you’ll also be able to do from this app.

We’ll be regularly adding more functionality to the app as we move towards launching it to everyone, but I want to make sure you know that this is an early access version-- if it were end-to-end ready with all the features needed for anyone to use it, we’d just skip ahead to launching it to everyone!

Being part of the early access program means you'll be able to provide feedback, and the Appointments product team will listen closely to your input. We may reach out to talk directly about how things are going from time to time. Your thoughts and suggestions will help us shape the path we take from now to launch and beyond!

If you’re interested, please reply to this thread and we’ll reach out via email. We’re keeping our audience limited to start, so we may not be able to invite you to try it out immediately. But we’ll be sure to reach out to everyone and let you know when you should expect an invitation to join.

Thank you all for your help as we continue to work towards launching Appointments on Android. I personally can’t wait to see this thing go out to everyone-- I know there will be at least 12 pages worth of happy sellers when that happens 🙂

Cheers!

Devon M

Product Manager - Square Appointments

Message 1 of 413
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Thank you to all who have shown interest in testing the Square Appointments app! Also, thank you to those who have reached out to the beta team to gain access! 

I have good news for everyone! The Square Appointments App is now in Open Beta! This means you can download app from the Google Play Store or by selecting this link on your Android device

You can create, manage and take payments for your appointments directly from the Square Appointments app. You can also view upcoming and past appointments as well as customer information.

We are finalizing things and tuning out a few tweaks, but plan to GA very soon! 

Please go ahead and download the app! Feel free to share feedback here or at betafeedback@squareup.com 

Thanks, 

Howard, Square Beta Team

Howard
Beta Team Lead, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage

View Best Answer >

Message 408 of 413
412 REPLIES 412

So when will the invites be sent out?

Message 106 of 413
Admin

@Agent929 Thanks for reaching out! We sent the invites a few days ago. You should have received them by now. 

Look for "It's Ready: Preview Square's Android Appointments App." 

Howard
Beta Team Lead, Square
Join the Beta Community
Message 107 of 413

@Howard @ Well I guess I didn't get one then. Thanks

Message 108 of 413
Admin

@Agent929 I also confirmed we sent one to you! I will try again! 

Howard
Beta Team Lead, Square
Join the Beta Community
Message 109 of 413

@Howard awesome thanks!

Message 110 of 413
Admin

@Agent929 I think I know why you didn't get it. Please enable "Product Updates" within your Dashboard. 

https://squareup.com/dashboard/business/email-notifications

Otherwise you won't get the email. 

Howard
Beta Team Lead, Square
Join the Beta Community
Message 111 of 413

@Howard alright it's done 

Message 112 of 413

Can you please resend to mine as well? I just updated my preferences. Many thanks! Jenny

Message 113 of 413

I received it, but I can’t do the first part...so I guess which google account is it sent to? Thank you

Message 114 of 413
Admin

@TranquilKneads It was sent to the Gmail account that is the same as your Square email. 

Howard
Beta Team Lead, Square
Join the Beta Community
Message 115 of 413

I’m in that one but it’s not letting me, it’s saying app not available..

Message 116 of 413

Is there a group or community I’m missing in joining?

Message 117 of 413
Admin

Did you click the link at the beginning of the email to join the group and become a tester? 

Howard
Beta Team Lead, Square
Join the Beta Community
Message 118 of 413

@Howard I never did receive that yesterday or today. I don't mean to be a bother while so many are messaging you but do you have a time frame on the reinvite?

Message 119 of 413

@Howard Since I enabled the product updates will I have to receive another invite or will the pending invite come through? Thanks!

Message 120 of 413
Admin

I will have to send another email! It should come soon. 

Howard
Beta Team Lead, Square
Join the Beta Community
Message 121 of 413

I have not received the email yet. Thank you 

Message 122 of 413
Admin

@Agent929 We had a little delay! We will send out the invite in the next round next week! 

Howard
Beta Team Lead, Square
Join the Beta Community
Message 123 of 413
Beta Member

I am extremely interested in assisting with early beta for the Appointments app. I currently run a pet sitting business and appointments are a huge part of my business. Using the web browser is not an easy way to set up appointments.

Message 124 of 413
Beta Member

Hi! @Howard just curious when the next round of invites would be going out? Thanks in advance!! 

Message 125 of 413
Admin

@dogcarebysteven Thanks for your interest! We will be sending invites early next week! 

Howard
Beta Team Lead, Square
Join the Beta Community
Message 126 of 413