x

New Employees are not receiving emails from Square.

Some of my employees are not receiving emails from Square including the email that invites them to sign up for dashboard and password reset emails. 

In total there are four new employees that this issue is happening to; all of them are using gmail and we've triple checked that we have the right email address on file.  They've all checked all their folders including spam and I've even sat down with one of them while they've showed me their email accounts as we've tried to reset the password and still didnt see an email from Square come in fromt the following hour, as of the next day they still say they haven't received any new emails as of the next morning. 

Any help would be appreciated especially since we're also using Square's Payroll services so that dashboard is important for them to use to see their paystubs. 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Square Community Moderator

Hi @PelvisCostello

Sorry to hear you're running into trouble. I tested this on my end and everything looks to be working as normal. 

One thing that helps with this is to add the email address that the invites come from to your email address book as a contact. 

The email is noreply@messaging.squareup.com

Message 2 of 8

I am having the same issue, I have seet up multiple people including my personal email and we are not getting the email from noreply@messaging.squareup.com. 

I then went in and setup my personal account on square to see if I would see the invite connected to my email, no. I did receive an email from noreply@messaging.squareup.com for my reader so I think something is wrong on the employee invite side coming from square. Please help. thanks!

Message 3 of 8
Admin

That's really odd @BOlson🤔 

You can also check to make sure that your notification settings are all enabled on your Dashboard. Also, have your employees check their SPAM folders if they haven't done so yet. That would be another good place to look just to make sure the emails didn't route there.

If your employees still aren't receiving emails, you can reach out to our Customer Success Team. They can check to see if there is something else going on with our email delivery.

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 4 of 8

Thanks, unfortunately it is not in Spam and all email notifications are turned on. We will reach out to customer service.

Message 5 of 8
Beta Member

Hello,

I had this same issue and found a FIX. 

SOLUTION: 

When you add an email address you cant just hit the "save" button and then hit "resend" this will not work.  You need to type in the new email address -> Hit Save -> THEN go out to your square home page -> Then navigate back to payroll. 

When you get back to the payroll screen make sure the email that you previously entered shows up. If that is true then you can hit resend. 

Its important that you go back to your main home square screen after hitting save. If you dont do this, it will not work. 

REASON: (I think) 

It appears the "resend" button is tied to whatever email address is at the bar when you first open the page. If you hit "save" it does not update the email address that the "resend" button is resending. 

This is why you have to exit out of that page after saving so that you are updating the email address associated with the "resend" button.  

I found this bug when updating someone's email address because they gave me the wrong email address the first time. 

Message 6 of 8

This is still an issue. It has to do with what mail servers you are sending it to.  I tried my personal gmail account and it was instant. When using our business addresses with our domain name, it never sends, period.

I am positive if the support team looks in the noreply@messaging.squareup.com box the will see a ton of unable to send kickbacks from private domains.

@EJ_ this needs to be looked at, it is not a case by case issue. I can provide any email hosting details needed for the support team to find the root cause and fix the problem for everyone.

Message 7 of 8
Square Community Moderator

Hey there @Rbnc21 I am sorry your employees are not having issues receiving square emails. We do not currently have disruption with email notifications, but there are some troubleshooting steps you can try to resolve this.  We have seen domain providers block our emails. When sellers have added our email, noreply@messaging.squareup.com to their contact list it has resolved the issue. 

We know this is frustrating but in order for our team to address this issue you will need to speak with support. Since we have not gotten reports of this recently we will need to look at your account settings further. For security, we cannot do that here in the community. You can reach support at 1-855-700-6000 squ.re/contactsqsupport.

We appreciate you working with us to resolve this! 

Message 8 of 8