x

Feature Request: Schedule classes + group sessions + multiple clients during one time slot

Feature Request: Schedule classes + group sessions + multiple clients during one time slot

The title of this post has been edited from the original: Use Square Appointments to schedule classes or group sessions?

Has anyone successfully used Appointments to schedule classes taught to clients/gneeral public?  Looking for tips. Thanks!

2 Verified Answers
Verified Answer

Re: apointments

Hey @exdub-

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community. 

The ability to book group sessions or an appointment for multiple people is one of our most popular feature requests. I went ahead and moved your post over to this thread to prevent duplicates.

We do not currently have an ideal workaround to suggest. Square Appointments right now isn't optimized for group classes, events, etc. For your business, I may suggest that you use our Square Online Store instead. You will be able to list items as Events, and then sell tickets to the events per person so they can select a quantity:

Let me know if this would work as a workaround for you. Cheers! 

Verified Answer

Re: Use Square Appointments to schedule classes?

We don't currently offer class or group booking with Appointments - certainly a popular request and I know how helpful it would be for you (and many others.) 

For now the only workaround I can suggest would be scheduling overlapping sessions for each client in the group/appointment. However, it's only possible for you to create overlapping appointments manually on your calendar, so this isn't something your customer's could book.

Thanks for your patience while we work to expand the features in our Appointments app. We'll definitely let you if a better solution is available in the future.

276 Comments

Is there a way to allow multiple customers to book for the same slot for a class I teach? Or can you add items to square appts so that people can purchase a class spot?

Square Community Moderator

Hi @HotchocRN

I've moved your post over to this existing thread, as it has some insight from our Appointments Product Team. 

This isn't something that's available at the moment, but it's one of the more popular requests that we see around appointment booking. 

Check out this thread for workarounds and updates, and if anything changes we'll definitely announce it for everyone here. 

We need to schedule up to 6 clients per appointment for community acupuncture. 

Please add group appointment feature. 

Yes, yes, yes! This would also be a great help for my business, so I hope they can implement such a feature.

The only workaround I’m aware of at the moment would be to sell tickets to each session as if they were “events”, through the online store. Unfortunately you would then have to specifically list each and every day and time as separate events, which would be a huge work burden and severely decrease the scheduling flexibility of the appointments, so it really isn’t a viable option.

This reply created from merging an existing thread: "Are group sessions possible on Square Appointments?" The author has been notified via email.

I need to schedule for group classes?  Is this available with square appointments?

Alumni

Hey there @heavenlywell & @DaoDeJing - I merged your feature request on to this existing thread. Thanks for sharing what you want out of Appointments. I'll pass on your feedback to Devon. 

Did you ever figure out a way to scheduale 5 people per time slot? 

Hey @kcgripz

Currently we don't offer group booking, but you can double book a time slot on your calendar. You can do this on your Square Dashboard or the Appointments App. Clients won't have the option to double book a time slot on your Online Booking site. 

@DavidMeagher Don't hold your breath. We decided to go with Acuity, which lets you set limits on how many clients can be scheduled for the same hour, and how much time you want to allow each appointment to overlap with the previous/next. IE: You can allow appointments to overlap by 30-mins.

Acuity lets you integrate your scheduling page onto your existing website via copy+paste code, or you can link your customers to a dedicated scheduling page generated by Acuity. The company also has a mobile app you can download to make scheduling on-the-go super easy.

Square is a payment platform first, and scheduling is a secondary function. Acuity is built as a scheduling platform and is super powerful. We've been using it for almost 1 year now, no complaints.

This reply created from merging an existing thread: "Can multiple clients book the same service for the same time with the same staff?" The author has been notified via email.

There are multiple persons on a ride.