x

Feauture request for Payroll: Multiple direct deposit accounts

Feauture request for Payroll: Multiple direct deposit accounts

In all payroll services I've worked with before, it is quite easy to set up multiple direct deposit accounts per employee. I don't see this in Square Payroll. Is there something I'm missing? Specifically, I would like to be able to deposit a fixed amount to one account, and the remaining amount to another (a very common thing...).

1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Payroll direct deposit

At this time an employee can only link one bank account to Payroll. I'll share your interest in linking multiple bank accounts with the Product Team

Employees can add either a checking or a savings account to Payroll. Before adding a savings account your employee may want to call their bank to check that there aren't any restrictions on their savings account, i.e. they should make sure it can be set up to receive a direct deposit.

Also keep in mind online-only accounts are not supported.

44 Comments
Admin

Thanks for checking in here @RobotCoffeeComp and @threebroscoffee. I don't have an update at this time I'm afraid.

Could you reply here to share some information about your businesses and why this is important for your employees or how many employees this would help? Any additional information will help us to highlight this feature to the Payroll team. 

For now, your employee may want to check with their bank to see if they can set up an auto-transfer to move money to the secondary account after they receive their direct deposit. 

This is a common feature of most payroll systems.  Most of my employees like to have the ability to split their paycheck into separate accounts without the additional step of moving money from one bank account to the other.  Splitting the paycheck means that it happens in the usual payroll cycle without having to do additional money movement.  If the payroll is delayed for any reason any transfer they had set up through their bank may fail and cause them to incur additional fees. 

Just my $0.02 - my employees request this frequently

Beta Member

We also have employees requesting this feature, I'm not really sure why you would need to know how people manage their incomes but as you have a number of businesses requesting this feature, that should be enough information.  We have several employees who need to transfer between banks, an option that is not often without fees, if this hasn't been a priority for Square (which it clearly isn't as this thread was started almost 2 years ago!) we may switch back to the payroll service we were already using.

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: can I pay direct deposit to my employee savings account?

New employee only has a saving account ,Can I pay direct deposit to my employee savings account?

Admin

@CBjr Yes  your employee can link a savings account to receive their direct deposit. Take a look at the answer I provided here with more information. 

This reply was created from merging an existing thread from the Seller Community board.

Hello Kpay,

Please include me in the list of employers that truly need the ability to allow employees to direct deposit into multiple accounts. I would appreciate if the Product Team could fulfill this growing request as soon as possible. Banks are starting to charge to move money via wire to other institutions, can't have extra costs. With our past payroll providers, this option was always available to me. PLEASE ADD THIS FEATURE ASAP!!!

Thank you!

As an employer, I am requesting this feature to be implemented (splitting paycheck between multiple bank accounts) on behalf of my employees who are requesting a percentage be deposited into their checking and the remainder in their savings account. 

I just got a square account after terrible experiences with PayPal. However, before I pay for the premium features of square, I wanted to ask: 

Is it not possible for an employee to link multiple bank accounts? For example

like ADP. In the ADP portal, an employee can have x amount of their paycheck deposited into one account and then the rest in another. Or is that still not supported? I saw threads asking about this since 2017 so I’m curious if it was implemented or ignored. Thanks!

Admin

Hey @Resumebuilderso. Sorry to hear about your past experiences. 😣

Regrettably, what you're asking for is still considered a feature request. I moved your post over to this board so that you can stay up to date on product releases in regards to multiple bank accounts with Payroll.

Don't be a stranger here in the Seller Community and let me know if you have other questions.

We need this feature badly at our office!  Please add this along with HOLIDAY PAY for employees so it does not seem to come out of their vacation pay.  Super simple to add. 🙂