x

Add amount to order stubs

The order tickets and order stubs have limited detail.  There are no $$ on either.  Do you know how to get the $$s on either the stub or the ticket?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Square

@AISS_finance Because order tickets and stubs are meant to be used by the kitchen and servers to help make and run food, there is no way to add the transaction amount on the ticket. 

That's not a request I have hear before, I'd love to know a little more about what you would be using the transaction amount for. 

Message 2 of 7
Beta Member

I would like to see prices or sales total on the order stub (which we are currently sending out to the customer with their food and then they bring it to the register to pay).

Or I would like to automatically print the bill (instead of order stub) when an order is saved so they would be able to bring to register to pay and would know the total before coming to register. A lot of our customers like to have the correct change ready to pay. We are too fast paced to go in and print a bill for each customer.

Thanks!

Message 3 of 7
Square

@TripleC - Thanks for sharing more details about your set up! Just to make sure I understand, you're using the Open Tickets feature and don't require customers to pay until they're done eating? 

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 4 of 7
Beta Member

That is correct.

Message 5 of 7
Square

@TripleC - I don't really have a workaround for this scenario (other than changing your workflow), but I'm sure you do things this way for a reason. I'll be sure to share your feature request with our product liaison team. 

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 6 of 7

The best option I've used for your scenario is less automatic and more a shift in your process. What I'd recommend is that you train your cashiers to click the down arrow (top right-hand corner) and click print ticket instead of clicking the Save button. Ultimately, this will produce the save end result, as it will bring up the save ticket box, and once you complete that process, it will automatically print the ticket.

Not the perfect solution, but it does the trick.

Message 7 of 7