x

Remove Default Categories from Library

Remove Default Categories from Library

Having a set of default, unremovable categories that takes up more than 3/4 of the Library screen is untenable.  I'd wager the majority of Square users don't use Gift Cards or Rewards; a few probably use discounts and service charges.

We should have the ability to edit/remove/hide categories on the library screen.  As a Square user for both my personal business and as head (read: only) IT guy for a local nonprofit, being able to remove the useless-to-us categories would save me SO MUCH PAIN from volunteers getting "lost" because they hit the wrong category. 

(Yes, I created a for-dummies document that a lobotomized kindergartner could follow.  No, it didn't help.  Anyone who's worked with people will understand...there's always that one person who couldn't find their a** with both hands and a map, who throws up their hands, turns off their brain, and wails for help the second they get slightly confused.  Usually while you're elbow deep in something else, but their problem is the most important thing in the world!)

3 Verified Answers
Verified Answer

Re: Feature Request: Option to remove "Redeem Rewards" and/or "Gift Cards" from

I know they added more unwanted items on the main screen, but Square thinks by adding the one grid to our phone has helped. We are at farmers markets, craft shows and concessions where speed is key. We have our iPad set up grid style that helps. When I have a line and have to use my phone one grid are area doesn’t help. Make the option happen to turn off unnecessary items. We are a community asking of Square to please offer this as a way to speed up our transactions. For the love of pete sakes hear our words! We need a toggle to turn off those unwanted items! TOGGLE SWITCH TURN OFF ITEMS UNNEEDED!

Verified Answer

Re: Feature Request: Option to remove "Redeem Rewards" and/or "Gift Cards" from

Now the “new” home screen has 5 lines of unneeded space hogs instead of 2 lines of useless functions.  On my phone (which is the ONLY way I use square) I can only see two of my items, but I have two scroll up to see my menu.  I work farmers markets where transaction speed in incredibly important, every step slows down sales.  It is hard to fathom that SQUARE could make the issue worse than it was.  

EJ_
Verified Answer

Re: Remove Redeem Rewards from Item List

Hi there!

The Redeem Rewards selection cannot be removed completely, however using your "Items Grid" you can customize what appears as available to select. 

Head over to our Support Center to read more about the Items Grid.

176 Comments
Beta Member

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Rewards & Gift Cards take up too much screen space

Let me begin by saying I love the Contactless Reader for mobile payments.

One annoyance however is the good chunk of my phone screen on the Library tab consumed by "Rewards" & "Gift Cards." I have no choice except to have them at the top of my Library, there is no option to turn them off.  The Library can only show 8 lines on the home screen and the first 2 of these are Rewards & Gift cards which I don't use. (I am a volunteer for a charity and neither of these are appropriate for our purposes.)

I wish showing these two items could be made optional. Anyone feel the same way?

Admin

Thanks for your post @GrahamB, we hear you!

I went ahead and add your post to this thread where other sellers have made the same request, and shared a few workarounds including using an Item Grid, if you have a tablet you can use for payments the charity. 

When we have an updates to share we'll post in this thread to let everyone know.

Agree with everybody here. Seemingly a very easy fix on the Square's end, but they prefer not to. The only workaround I found is to put a number 1. 2. 3. etc in the beginning of my ACTUAL items names. As the item list uses alphabetic sorting, those annoying "gift cards" and "redeem rewards" were dropped to the bottom. 

I do not use any rewards or gift cards. I would like to remove these entries from the item list on the charge screen. Is this possible?

Super Seller Alumni

At this time unfortunately it is not possible, but it’s defintiely a great idea and I know a few people have asked for it too - so hopefully it will come in the future!

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: REMOVE Rewards and Gift Cards from Inventoy List

this has been posted and reposted and repeated many many times:

REMOVE Rewards and Gift Cards from Inventory List

Most of us do not use Rewards and Gift Cards, just want to use the inventory to record a sale.  

We do not want or need the Rewards and Gift Cards appearing at the top of our inventory.  

We want to have the option to remove it.

How many complaints are needed in order to take a request seriously....

Admin

Thanks for your post @kricklewoodfarm, I'm sorry that these options can't be removed right now. By sharing your request here we can show the product teams just how important this is to you and to the other sellers who don't use these options. We'll post here to share any news on this request. I really appreciate your patience in the meantime. 

Please let us suppress this. We're using this with older staff and having 2 front and center options for useless items is actually hard to explain the purpose of. I have to explain that the product just forces it to be there, making it seem like the product itself is less than ideal.

I'd also like to remove these from the Checkout list.  I've made sure all options to sell gift cards are disabled and all loyalty features are left unconfigured, but these items are still shown.

Count us in.  It's been nearly THREE years since this thread was begun and Square can't figure this out yet?  We're a GS troop using this so the cleaner the screen/options the better for these 5th and 6th graders running their business.