x

Has anyone set up a Referral Program for their clients?

Has anyone been able to intergrate a referral program or app on to thier register? 

We are a small clothing boutique and alot of my VIP clients have been a huge marketing support system. They tell thier friends and then thier friends tell friends....and so on. I would love to keep track and reward them with some sort of discount/store credit. So far Ive been trying to keep track on my own but I would love an app/program that I can use with Square or even just on the iPad/Register?

Thank you in advance!! 

Message 1 of 108
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

@RTB - Great question, and I don't blame you for wanted to automate this task. While we don't currently offer any official way for tracking this, hopefully someone in the community can offer up some suggestions! 

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 108
107 REPLIES 107

Add my name to the list. I own and operate a mobile bike service and would like this feature as well. 

What might work for people trying to set this up:

1. Create a SKU/service within the customer loyalty program with an $X.XX value as a tracker. 

2. When the current client checks out just add it to their sale. 

As an example: I am trying to establish a client referal program where current clients recieve a $X.XX labor credit for each person they refer.  If I create a labor SKU and then set up the loyalty program attached to that SKU will that work? 

Message 22 of 108

+1, I run a food delivery service, would love to be able to institute a referral program where my customers who refer and the referred new customer both get a 1-time discount.

It is possible to create coupon codes in Square today, but there is not a good way to do this that enables my existing customers to refer lots of their friends, while also preventing people from using the referral code after their 1st purchase.

Message 23 of 108

Adding my name to the list of folks requesting this feature. It will be very, very helpful when this process can be automated. Any word on if this can be made a development priority? 

Message 24 of 108
Admin

Thanks for sharing your interest @markretz. I don't have an update for you at this time I'm afraid! As soon as we have any information we'll update this thread to let everyone know. 😀

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 25 of 108

This feature will help boost sales all around. This should be a top priority.

Message 26 of 108

I haven't used Square in 3 years due to the lack of both a referral and affiliate system.

Message 27 of 108

This is a feature I would definitely use with my retail business.

Message 28 of 108

Has there been a referral program add on feature developed yet? I saw some inquiries in 2016 and wondered if anything came of it. It would be so helpful for us to be able to track and reward clients that refer to us. Pls keep me posted 🙂 Thank you.

Message 29 of 108
Admin

Hey @Bestofwestonhai, thanks for checking in. To my knowledge, we do not have any developments on this request. I will check in with our product team circle back with any other details. Thanks for your patience!

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 30 of 108

Many of us have been asking for years for the ability to issue store credit, which would be used to reward customers for referrals. Some people have suggested using the eGift Card as an alternative, however, this is not really good practice from an accounting standpoint. Gift Cards and Store Credits should be able to be differentiated. 

Message 31 of 108

I agree, this would be a great addition. Just like square has a referral program when we refer someone to square I would like to do the same for my clients. An example of how I would use it in my business:

A current client refers a new client

The new client books an appointment and tells me they were referred by… or when booking on line they would have an optional field to fill in referring clients name (we could also update this at appointment in the client info area if told at the time of appointment)

Ideally there would be a tab for 'referred by' when entering new client info

New client comes in for appointment and once they have paid at first appointment the referral credit would be set to automatically be applied to existing clients account available for use at their next visit

Ideally the client would get an automatic (that can be customized by business) email that thanks them for the referral and tells them they have a credit available

The ability to run a report of which clients have unused credits would be great so that we can periodically send marketing to encourage them to come in and use their credit as well as a reminder that pops us for us to see at their next checkout telling us they have it available. At this point I would ask if they want to use it for this visit and select the option to redeem it or select a second option allowing them to save it for a different visit

The ability to set terms such as an expiration date, only usable towards all services, some services, products only, etc…

My referral program is $10 off a service for each successful referral. So pretty simple, but other salons use different methods some that I know of are:

Each client (the new and referring) get either a dollar or percentage off of services

Same model as mine but a percentage off vs dollar amount

A dollar or percentage off of products for each referred client

New clients receive a dollar or percentage off of first service at checkout

Message 32 of 108
Alumni

@Glowskin, thanks for the detailed description of how you'd ideally like to use referrals. To make sure I understand and get your use case to the right people - are you using the Square Appointments app? 

Message 33 of 108

@Kpay At the moment, no. I have tested it and would like to use it as I think it is overall a great simple appointment software however, it is missing a one key feature that I can not do without so I am waiting to see if that gets implemented. In the meantime, there are several non-deal breakers that I think could really be improved upon that will also factor into my decision on which to choose. After trying probably every appointment software out there I have narrowed it down to two. Each is missing one important deal-beak so I am keeping an eye on the updates. Since I hope to switch to square soon I am also adding my thoughts on these issues since, like I said, they do factor into my decission.

Message 34 of 108
Alumni

Makes sense, thank you @Glowskin and good luck with your search. I hope we can deliver for you! 🙂 

Message 35 of 108
Beta Member

Yes, this wold be a great tool for many buisnesses. Please help us.

Message 36 of 108

Add us to the growing list.  Referrals would be a huge help!

Message 37 of 108
Alumni

Thanks for adding your name @ethenwithane! Do you have any vision for how this would look or a use case for your business I can share with our product team?

Message 38 of 108

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Refer a Client campaign on Square Marketing

I am trying to sent a "Refer a Client and get FREE service" campaigne using Marketing Square. 

It'll be nice to have a code for new Clients and anytime they visit my place I could know who reffered them 

Message 39 of 108
Admin

Hello @Emi! I've added your post to this thread where we're tracking interest in client referrals for Square sellers. I can see how a referral campaign would help you to grow your business, I'll share this request with the Email Marketing team! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 40 of 108
Super Seller

Thanks Helen, I just started researching this idea of having my customers give referrals to their friends. I'm in the process of reading through some posts to see if someone has a solution yet, but put me down for being interested! 

Message 41 of 108

This is a MUST... Square has it for they.... but they dont offer for us ???? how come

Message 42 of 108