x

How do I track employee sales?

[The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Can I have a user ID requirement per transaction?]

Hello.

I would like to require a user ID to be entered for each transaction so I can track who took the money for each transaction (multiple cashiers - one station).

It is like a copier code. You go to the copier but before you can make a copy you have to enter a 4 digit ID.

Can I do that with Teams?

Can I do that at all?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 269
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @chlp!

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community. 

Yes, with Team Management Plus you can track employee sales. They will type in a 4-digit code when taking a sale, so that payment will then be associated with their name. Then you can run reports based on employee, and when you're viewing transactions, you'll be able to see which employee took the sale. 

Here is a bit more information on Team Management Plus and how to subscribe. Let me know if you have any other questions. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!

View Best Answer >

Message 238 of 269
268 REPLIES 268

it has been 10 days since it was drop off at the postal office in st louis . i have no way to track it since that date.

Message 43 of 269

I ordered my square 3 weeks ago and still have not received it. Please HELP

Message 44 of 269
Alumni

So sorry you haven't received your reader yet. I wrote more background in the explantion above.

If you need to get your reader immediately, please visit a retail location!

Message 45 of 269

Where is my reader?

Message 46 of 269
Alumni

Please see the info above!

Message 47 of 269

Having the exact same issue. Honestly, if you people can't be trusted to send the readers in a timely manner, then I am very leery of giving you my bank information.

Message 48 of 269

Message 49 of 269
Alumni

Sorry for the trouble here! We do our best to get the reader to you in a timely fashion. Please see above for a more full explanation. And then head down to a retail store if you need to get a reader immediately!

Message 50 of 269

I been waiting on my card reader to come in for the past 2 almost 3 weeks
And it doesn't have a tracking number
Message 51 of 269

Following because I have been waiting too. No tracking number but I did receive a "shipped" email.
Message 52 of 269

Who to contact if you still have not revived the card machine square up?
Message 53 of 269
Square

We can help out, check out George's post above.

Message 54 of 269

I have not receive my card reader yet. It's been 18 days. Why?

Message 55 of 269
Square

Sorry to hear that. They typically don't take longer than ten days. Check out @George's tips above. 

Message 56 of 269

How long does it take the receive the square reader? It has been 2 weeks since I ordered.

Message 57 of 269
Square

Shouldn't take that long, check out George's reply for next steps!

Message 58 of 269

Waiting on more than a month and a half for my order. Have placed a total of four with nothing yet delivered. 

Message 59 of 269
Square

@pdxburson Sorry for all of that trouble! Sounds like our delivery partners are having trouble getting the reader to you! 

To make sure that you get a reader ASAP, your best bet is to visit a retail store. (It's very likely there's one nearby.) 

Message 60 of 269

The bigger issue is that Square apparently has an unreliable "delivery partner" and after multiple dissaperances it has me questioniong the reliability of the service in general. 

If none of the 4 ordered readers show I will simply find an alternative comapny to do business with. 

Message 61 of 269
Square

@pdxburson I absolutely understand your concern, I can confirm that we have shipped out those readers so you should be seeing them soon! 

Apologies for the confusion and frustration around the reader shipments but I can assure you that we are here to help and make sure your Square runs smoothly once your receive your reader. 

Message 62 of 269

We are approaching yet another 2 weeks for the recently ordered readers and 2 months on the first ordered one. I give up. What a terrible experience this has been. 

Message 63 of 269