x

How do I manage inventory on the square?

How do I manage inventory on the square?

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 35
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

Good news! We have a basic inventory management solution for your business. It can track item counts and alert you in your Dashboard when you have low-stock or sold out items.

As an introduction, you can check out this article on inventory management from our Support Center. 

It is also worth mentioning that if you need a more robust solution, you could consider one our third party options in the Square Marketplace.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 35
34 REPLIES 34

I am just starting to offer retail products and I thought there was a way to keep track of inventory on square but I can't seem to find it.

Message 22 of 35
Square

@ajrychel71 Check out George's answer above for an overview of our Inventory product.

Message 23 of 35

Hello am wondering how do you sell and ring up items in your inventory and do the items come off your inventory counts?

Message 24 of 35
Admin

Hello and welcome to the Seller Community @Hbjb2006! 🎉

I've moved your post here so you can read George's Best Answer about how to get started with inventory. When you use inventory with Square the items sold do come off your inventory count.

😀Let me know if you have any other questions. Happy to help! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 25 of 35

Hello, I read this whole thread that started over a year ago. I just spent hours updating inventory on the dashboard from my desktop. But when I made a test sale on my app on mobile, not only can I NOT update inventory levels, but it doesn't alert me when I am out of something. So techinically I can sell something that I dont even have because the app doesn't "see" the inventory and alert levels that I entered on the desktop version. So someone tell me what the purpose of having inventory management on the desktop is? Unless you are manually checking the desktop version to check your stock levels, it's actually worthless 😞 I really hope there is an a solution out there that I am unaware of... 

Message 26 of 35
Alumni

Hey @gbq730!

We actually do have a Low Stock Alerts: 

1. Head to your Item Library in your Square Dashboard.
  2. Click on the item you want to track > Low Stock Alert (default is None)
  3. Toggle on Alerts and enter the amount you want to alert you that your stock is low.

You'll receive the notification via email. I definitely see how it would be helpful for it to alert you on the app, but in the meantime you can set up your email alerts on the tablet to ping you when a message from Square comes in.

I hope that helps get you in the right direction!

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 27 of 35

I put in my inventory count, ran a test cash transaction and it appropriately removed those items from my inventory.  But when I tested doing a refund due to returning the item, it did not add them back in.  Is that not a feature?

Message 28 of 35

We are trying to make sure our inventory is up to date and correct, however, when items are purchased, the inventory doesn’t reflect that. This is seriously impacting how we order and restock. Is there a certain setting that needs to be fixed to make the inventory work the way it’s supposed to?

Message 29 of 35
Admin

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Inventory Issues

Hello @idabeauty! I've moved your post to this thread so you can see information about setting up basic inventory management on our Support Center, including George's Best Answer and the steps to set up low stock alerts shared by @puka.

If you've already set up your Inventory or alerts from the Dasboard but sales made through the app aren't changing the stock amounts, I recommend making sure you're signing in to the app and Dashboard using the same email address and password. You can also call our CS team who can take a closer look and make sure your Inventory is set up correctly! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 30 of 35

I have items on my online store and if sell them in person at a craft show...if I pull item from my library using square pos, will the stock automatically be pulled from my online store?

Message 31 of 35
Admin

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Inventory online store vs. In person?

Yes! With inventory management enabled stock levels will automatically be adjusted when you make a sale from the app or from your Online Store.

Also, you need set separate stock levels on each: so if you sell an item in person with the app, it won't 'take away' from the online store stock levels you entered. Hope this helps but let me know if you have any other questions!  

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 32 of 35

I can set up items with variations, enter price, sku, etc but cannot make an entry in the Stock field which stays at "none."  

Message 33 of 35
Admin

Hi @SkateTech👋

I moved your post to this thread so you can see information on how to set up basic inventory management, which includes how to change the "none" field in the Stock section.

There is some really good information here, but if you're still needing some help, you can definitely call our Customer Success Team who can walk you through setting up your inventory!

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 34 of 35
Square Community Moderator

Hey @secretlysocial! Welcome to the Community.

I'm moving your post to a thread about getting started with our Inventory options. 

Check out @George 's answer on the first page for the best answer on this.

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 35 of 35