x
Beta Member

Honeywell 1300G - 'USB device not supported'

I got a Honeywell Hyperion 1300G barcode scanner plugged into USB on square stand. Everything plugged in proper. Getting 'USB device not supported' message though this device is in the compatible list. We use a Voyager 1250 at our other location and it works fine. 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Alumni

Hey @BeanBuendia - That's strange. Have you already given these troubleshooting steps a try? That might reset the connection between the USB accessories hub and the Square Stand.

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 2 of 8
Beta Member

It was solved by resetting the scanner to its default settings by scanning a configuration barcode from its manual. That was the suggestion from Square Support and it worked immediately. The scanner I got was used so must have been configured to connect with a different system byprevious owners.

Message 3 of 8
Alumni

Ah, that makes sense! Thanks for taking the time to share that with the Community. It could come in handy if another Seller experiences a similar situation.

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 4 of 8

Hi, can you share with configuration barcode you scanned and got it solved?

I had the same problem with my 1300g scanner saying “ not supported”.

thanks. 

Message 5 of 8
Beta Member

I think it was on page 141 of the manual to reset defaults (section 8-3). Manual file name I have is HP1300-UG.pdf . I also see I have the quick start guide which is very short and also has a barcode to reset to factory standard settings, filename HP1300-QS.pdf.

Pretty sure I got both from the Honeywell website here: https://www.honeywellaidc.com/products/barcode-scanners/general-duty/hyperion-1300g

Not sure which reset I used or from which file. Maybe you can try one at a time till it works and post your results.

Message 6 of 8

I did that factory default reset byt the 1300g manual, it still shows 'not supported". This is brand new square stand system. I hope some technician from square can contact us and see what could be the problem. 

Message 7 of 8
Admin

@Dave9603 That's really weird since that bar code scanner is compatible. Have you tried to reach out to our Customer Success Team yet? They can look at some additional troubleshooting steps to narrow down if this is an issue with the connection or if you need to reach out to the manufacturer. 

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 8 of 8