x

How can I charge for a no show

I had a client book online and my policy clearly states clients will be charged 50% if canceled in under 24 hours.

she canceled day of. How can I charge her now?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Alumni

Hey @Plush303 - Sorry to hear your client didn't show up! If you have No-Show Protection enabled, you'll be able to enforce your Cancellation Policy within your online Square Dashboard. To learn more, check out Set a Custom Cancellation Policy with Square Appointments.

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 2 of 11

Hi there. I do have the no show policy inforced and this is the second time in a week another client has no showed. They both book online and I require their card to book the appointment. The day they’re a no show, I go to their appointment and it just gives me the options to ‘edit or cancel’ the appointment.....there doesn’t seem to be a card on file either.....I need customer service 

Message 3 of 11
Admin

Hey @Plush303, thanks for checking in here.

Sorry to hear about the trouble— are you able to get through the steps listed in this article: Canceling Appointments and No-shows?

If that doesn't clear things up, please get in touch with our CS Team directly—they'll be able to take a closer look into what's going on. Hope this helps get you in the right direction.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 4 of 11
Beta Member

I am having the same issue! I was able to charge previously and now I’ve had 2 cancellations and there’s no option to charge the card on file.. help!! 

Message 5 of 11
Admin

Sorry to hear about the confusion, @Drea245.

As long as you've added a cancellation amount in your Appointments Settings tab and it's within 14 calendar days of the canceled appointment, you should be able to process the charge. To cancel the appointment from the online Square Dashboard, head over to the Calendar tab > select appropriate appointment > Cancel Appointment > add check to the cancellation fee option > Cancel and Charge.

Hope this helps clear things up. If that doesn't get you where you need to be, I'd suggest touching base with tour Customer Success Team. They'll be able to take a deeper dive into your account settings.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 6 of 11

THIS DOESN'T WORK if the client doesn't book on line...

It doesn't matter because you can't report against no shows...

Message 7 of 11

I have no show protection set up on my account but when going to charge the card on file it’s not an option. Help

Message 8 of 11
Alumni

What's up @Moxiesalon101

Hopefully this thread I moved you to helps 🙂

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 9 of 11

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: no shows 

Why are clients that no show not being charged? there card is on file but it says error when I click charge client no show fee. This is very frustrating 

Message 10 of 11
Alumni

The client's card stays on file to charge for up to 14 calendar days. Are these appts past the 14 day window? If so, you won't be able to charge them. 

Lmk in case I need to loop in our Appointments Team. @gparmo1

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 11 of 11