x
Admin

Why isn't Instant Transfer available?

Why aren't I able to use the Instant Transfer feature? 

[This post was updated by moderator in 2019 to reflect a name change - deposits are now called transfers.]

Message 1 of 138
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

To get started, our Instant Transfer FAQs is a great resource for getting more details about this feature. I am also happy to highlight some reasons that Instant Transfer could be unavailable. Check them out below:

• You haven’t linked a debit card, you haven’t confirmed your debit card, or you’re attempting to link an unsupported debit card: Link a supported debit card: visit your in-app Settings > Instant Transfer > Link a Different Card.
  • Your current balance is below the minimum amount (after fees): $25
  • Your current balance is greater than $10,000. You can send up to $10,000 per Instant Transfer.
  •  You have at least one single transaction greater than $10,000. Square cannot send transactions greater than $10,000 via Instant Transfer or Scheduled Transfer.
  • Your debit card is no longer unsupported: Link a new debit card and try again. To link a new debit card: visit your in-app Settings > Instant Transfer > Link a Different Card.
  • There is a delay in account review: We regularly review every account and this can result in a delay to sending transfers instantly. If this happens, Instant Transfer will be available once we complete this review (typically one business day) and we will send your transfer to your linked bank account in one to two business days, per your normal transfer schedule.

Hope this brings more clarity to the issue! 

[This post was updated by moderator in 2019 to reflect a name change - deposits are now called transfers.]

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 138
137 REPLIES 137
Square

Best Answer

To get started, our Instant Transfer FAQs is a great resource for getting more details about this feature. I am also happy to highlight some reasons that Instant Transfer could be unavailable. Check them out below:

• You haven’t linked a debit card, you haven’t confirmed your debit card, or you’re attempting to link an unsupported debit card: Link a supported debit card: visit your in-app Settings > Instant Transfer > Link a Different Card.
  • Your current balance is below the minimum amount (after fees): $25
  • Your current balance is greater than $10,000. You can send up to $10,000 per Instant Transfer.
  •  You have at least one single transaction greater than $10,000. Square cannot send transactions greater than $10,000 via Instant Transfer or Scheduled Transfer.
  • Your debit card is no longer unsupported: Link a new debit card and try again. To link a new debit card: visit your in-app Settings > Instant Transfer > Link a Different Card.
  • There is a delay in account review: We regularly review every account and this can result in a delay to sending transfers instantly. If this happens, Instant Transfer will be available once we complete this review (typically one business day) and we will send your transfer to your linked bank account in one to two business days, per your normal transfer schedule.

Hope this brings more clarity to the issue! 

Sean
he/him/his
Message 2 of 138

I am a user of Square for 2-3 years now.   I have my bank account setup and verified.   I do not have a debit card on file.   For instant transfer, do I need my bank account AND a debit card verified before Instant Transfer works?  When I go to Transfers on the dashboard, I have the Instant Transfer button in blue (activated).  I don't have any funds at the moment to transfer.  But, I will have funds to transfer on Wednesday evening.   I need those funds to place the order before the EOM deadline at midnight on Wednesday.  

So, I'm trying to find out if I need to verify my debit card today/tomorrow to be ready for the instant transfer on Wednesday evening ?

Message 3 of 138
Square

@MSW - In order to link a debit card, you do need to have a bank account linked to your Square account first. There is not a verification process for debit cards though. Once you enter the debit card numbers, it will tell you if it's a compatible card. Feel free to do that right away. 😀

Sean
he/him/his
Message 4 of 138

Thanks.  the bank account has been working great for years.   I'll link the debit card.  Just want to have it ready to go on Wednesday evening.

Another question.... I can use this on Wednesday evening.  But, will I have to do instant transfer for all transfers from this point forward?  Or, will the regular transfer schedule still work without me having to initiate a transfer?

Message 5 of 138
Square

@MSW - The default transfer method is always to your linked bank account. You'll have to request an Instant Transfer when you'd like to use it. 

Sean
he/him/his
Message 6 of 138

How do you add a direct debit card for instant transfers

Message 7 of 138
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Lottie - I see this is your first post in the Seller Community so I'd like to officially welcome you! 🎉👏

You can add a debit card for Instant Transfers in the Square app by following these steps:

1. Tap the three horizontal lines on the navigation bar to visit your in-app Settings.
  2. Tap Settings > Transfers > Set Up Instant Transfer.
  3. Tap “Link a Different Debit Card.
  4. Enter your new debit card information and your Square account password to confirm your change.
  5. Tap Link.

You can also view or edit your linked debit card from Transfer Settings in your online Square Dashboard by clicking Change Debit Card next to the instant transfer box.

I hope this information is helpful but please do let me know if you have any additional questions.

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 8 of 138

Thank you for the info but I don’t have those options 

Message 9 of 138

Hi again @Lottie,

This does sound off, but it's difficult to pinpoint what may be happening without looking at your account with you. Any urgent, billing or other account-specific questions should be submitted to our Support Team via phone or emailWe cannot address questions specific to deposits, refunds, bank accounts, or other sensitive details in the Seller Community.

The best way to reach out is by phone because our team can look at your account with you and help you make adjustments in real time. If you haven't already, please reach out directly by logging into your Square account and heading here.

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 10 of 138

3965759A-3589-4EAF-93CE-AC0CA85764A2.png

Message 11 of 138

September 16th 2016 is instant transfer unavailable on my end or once again unavailable because you guys are just awful at what you do?

Message 12 of 138

I have over $86 from Friday and the cutoff to transfer if 6pm. I didn't get paid and it wouldn't let me instant transfer like the other times all weekend. It still isn't paying me and it's Monday at 9:23 am. Can someone help me??

Message 13 of 138

@Will1973 @Beyoutifulhs

Sorry to hear you're both having trouble with Instant Transfer.

Both of the described issues will require us to do some account specific investigating to get you taken care of.

Unfortunately we can’t address your account specific issues here in the community, as it’s a public forum. 

Work with our Support Team and they'll be able to help out further. 

Message 14 of 138

Well that was all great advice. However I covered all of the things you have stated. That's why I'm so confused..... I'm linked I'm verified everything is as it should be but every time I try to use it if it does go through its many hours later.....

Message 15 of 138
Admin

Thanks for confirming, @Val. Apologies for the confusion. Let's get you in touch with a team member who can have a closer look at your account. To proceed, please contact our Support Team directly and be sure to include your login email. They'll get back to you with an update ASAP.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 16 of 138

Everything is connected but says it's unavailable it failed

Message 17 of 138
Admin

Hi @BelowCost — sorry to hear that Instant Transfer is unavailable for you right now. If Sean's answer doesn't clear things up, please let our Support Team know you're encountering trouble. A team member will have a closer look at your account and get back with an update ASAP.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 18 of 138

Why is my account in review? What can I do to change that? 

Message 19 of 138

@Sapphire We can't discuss specific information regarding your account, because this is a public form. I recomend taking a look at the last part of Sean's answer. 

Message 20 of 138

instant transfer is NOT reliable!  My account goes into "review/verification" every time I attempt to use instant transfer.  I then have to spend hours trying to get in contact with customer service -- emails aren't answered and phone customer service sucks.  I was assured last week that I wouldn't have this review process again only for it to happen again today!

Message 21 of 138