x

Can you create sliding scale fees?

How do you handle sliding scale fees for online booking? 

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Square

Hi @viriditas, welcome to the Community!

I'm assuming you mean within Square Appointments? 

If so, you have a couple pricing options when creating your Services, including the options, "Starting at" or "Price Varies." Are those what you mean?

Message 2 of 19

Hi Spenser,

Yes, I've noticed those. Currently I am using the "starting at" option.I would like people to be able to pay online for sessions within a specific range, for example $130 - $190; a "pay from your heart" program. So my question is, is there a way to give options for that range when paying for a session online? Does this make sense?

~A

Message 3 of 19
Square

Got it, thanks for clarifying @viriditas. At least currently, Client Prepayment in Appointments is only available for fixed price services. I agree that being able to set a range would be useful. 

In any case, I'll pass along the suggestion to the Appointments team, but let me know if you have any other questions! 

Message 4 of 19

Thank you for passing it along, and for your prompt attention! ~A

Message 5 of 19

Has this been addressed?  I can seem to figure out how to set a sliding scale, and it's the one thing preventing me from shifting over to Square for my appointments.

Message 6 of 19
Square Community Moderator

Hey @djsudar,

It doesn't look like there's been any update to this feature request as of right now.

If there is one- we'll be sure to update this thread so you'll be notified since you wrote in here. 

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 7 of 19

its 2023 and no sliding scale on tickets still...

Message 8 of 19

I too am in need of sliding scale for my services. 

Message 9 of 19

Than you for adding your vote to this feature request @AntAtBellaLuce! We'll be sure to tag you in this thread as soon as we have an update to share. 

Message 10 of 19

I am also in need of this service.  It looks like this thread was started in 2017, has there been any movement on this issue?  

Message 11 of 19

Hi @AlchemyArt,

Thanks for writing back in to the seller community! 

We continue to advocate for the suggestions we receive here, but don't have an update on sliding scales fees. That being said, we're not able to guarantee when, of if a given request will be implemented. A few different factors are considered when feature requests are developed - take a look at this article to learn more. The workaround here would be to create variations for the different services you offer to accommodate multiple price points. 

Message 12 of 19

I, too, am in need of a sliding scale fee option.  Has any progress been made in creating one?  Thanks.

Message 13 of 19

It seems this has been an ask of Square for a few years now.  After looking through Square and not finding anything close to a sliding scale fee option, what I will attempt to do is create three session options with the only difference being 3 different rates and a pay what you can statement attached.  It would be SO helpful if Square did come up with a sliding scale fee option, hint, hint!!

Message 14 of 19

Yes, sliding scale is becoming more and more important for online sales! Please share updates! 

Message 15 of 19

One more needing sliding scale.  Thank you for considering it for a new feature. 

Message 16 of 19

Another vote for sliding scale options.  Thank you for considering adding this feature!

Message 17 of 19

Thank you for taking the time to share your interest in this feature @jterribili. While this thread has been going on for quite some time the Community has developed a new way to receive requests.  I recommend you submit a Feature Request here. This will help our product team get visibility and track other Sellers with similar interest in your request. 

Important: When submitting a request, make sure to include the desired feature, and provide the details of how this feature will help your business succeed (how would you use it and what you expect from it).

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 18 of 19

6 years and waiting. anyone home over there at Square?

Message 19 of 19