x

NEW! Printing labels for drink orders

What is the best way to print order tickets using labels?  I'm setting up Square in a small coffee cafe at my church and would like to print drink orders tickets on a label to stick to the cups.  I see I can use the Star printer with Max stick paper... but it seems very expensive.  Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 189
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

Hey y'all ! The wait is over... Single Item Printing is now LIVE in the Point of Sale app. ๐Ÿฅณ๏ธ 

Now you can print individual tickets for drink and/or food orders and their modifiers.  

Take it a step further with printing tickets on sticky labels! My friend @AprilMarie gives you the run down about label printer and sticky labels support for iOS devices here, and @Helen shares the details for label printer and sticky labels support for Android devices and Square Register here.

I hope this message finds you well! Let us know if you need further guidance.โœŒ๏ธ 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 148 of 189
188 REPLIES 188
Admin

That's really great feedback @bruswain. Our Community team is actually working on implementing a process that will allow our sellers to see where certain feature requests are in their "life cycle". Hopefully this will be rolling out sooner rather than later, so stay tuned!

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 22 of 189

I keep hearing the same thing for the past 2-3 years.

I asked the same question and got the same answer when I started this thread.

I'm currently looking at adding a new system as we just expanded locations and due to not being able to have a sticky label is a huge deterrent for me.

Message 23 of 189
Alumni

@mprather

We appreciate the feedback and we see how important this could be for your business model. While we cannot guarantee any timeline on updates or new products, please know your feedback is highly valued and is constantly being reviewed by our teams. 

Alex_
Community Moderator, Square // Moderador de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seciรณn y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 24 of 189

This may be too low tech, but we'll sometimes just stick the ticket in place by poutting it next to the cup and sliding the paper java jacket over part of it.

Message 25 of 189
Square

@oregoncrepe - Sometimes the low-tech options are the best options! Thanks for sharing. ๐Ÿ™‚

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 26 of 189
Beta Member

The low tech option of sticking the receipts to the cups only works if you have a single drink per ticket. When you are busy and have several drink orders, you want to be able to print to a label printer.

This is something that most other point of sale systems offer. It should be something that Square offers since Square fits the coffee and tea business so well. I purchased a Dymo label printer thinking it was compatible with Square but it turns out it's for printing barcodes that Square can read. If Square development could just make this label printer work for printing labels for menu items individually, it would be a huge improvement for any busy coffee/tea shop.

Ideally you should be able to select the menu items that you want to print labels for and they would each come out individually.

Message 27 of 189
Admin

Thank you for your feedback @BradleyRefresh. Currently you can print labels for bar codes if you're subscribed to Square for Retail - but not for menu items.

I appreciate your comments about this โ€” it's very helpful for our Product teams to see how and why a feature like this would be useful for your business! ๐Ÿ˜€

๏œ๏ธ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 28 of 189

I absolutely agree with your comments. I almost ditched Sqaure for Clover POS because they have an app called Easy Labels that prints out each drinks in an order. You would think this common feature would be available with Sqaure POS but it's not. I like the ease of use of Square versus Clover so there for im still here. However I am searching for a POS that has the same ease of use as Square but offers the lable features.

Message 29 of 189
Beta Member

Do the new features include print out sticky labels after each transaction? I am running a coffee shop and we want to have labels printed out and stick on the cups after each order.

Message 30 of 189

I am swiching to clover because square just doesn't care about their customer, It is been a year and they can't even get this function done.

Message 31 of 189

Can the ones that are using Clover; tell me a bit more about it? I don't think I can wait for Square to add this function as my drink orders are increasing.  

Thank you

Message 32 of 189

Eagerly watching this thread. I have used square for years and even invested in 2 square stands and new iPads last year to support growth,  but without a single-order label printer system like coffee shops use (I do food vending at med/large music festivals) I am not able to grow further with Square, and I need to incorporate a True POS into my operations. Square has been great for this where traditional POS systems are absolutely not but I NEED the label printing for the next step. Please, Square, you open up a whole new range of clients...and hardware revenue to boot.  

Message 33 of 189

I sure hope that Square decides to add label printing soon before I make a change to Clover...  They better hurry because I see a switch real soon.

Message 34 of 189

I am disappointed to see that Square does not have the ability to print labels of individual drink orders. We have a cafe and need it desperately. If thereโ€™s no progress soon, we will also have to switch to the Clover system with the label printer. 

Message 35 of 189
Square Community Moderator

@Limoman @stellarhg Thank you both for sharing your thoughts and voicing your interest and need for this feature. 

I know this is important to your business, but I don't have a timeline or an update on availability unfortunately. 

Hopefully our Product team can get built out to help with this in a future product update. I'll definitely let them know about the feedback. 

If anything comes up, I'll post an update for everyone ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

Message 36 of 189

It sounds like this applies to a desire to print an order stub for a single item, like a special order burger, from an order with multiple items.  We don't have a need for a label printer for drink orders. However, in our second location that is currently NOT on Square, having the ability to print a single item from an order with multiple items, especially when it is a special order, is necessary before making the switch.  We tape the special order stub to the wrapped burger.  Please advise if my assumption is correct.

Message 37 of 189

Did you switch to Clover? If so, did you get a sticker/label printer to work with it??

Message 38 of 189

Did you switch to Clover? If so, did you get a sticker/label printer to work with it??

Message 39 of 189

I know Square has been pretty silent about whether or not they will be supporting this, but it is a huge need for practically ever beverage cafe out there. So here I am with a final question before I move on and switching to Toast.

Is there anyway I can customize exactly what the printed receipt or Order Ticket looks like, and have it print to the Dymo Label Writer 450 and fit onto a .75" x 2" label?

Message 40 of 189
Square Community Moderator

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: โ€œPrinting Sticky Labels for Beveragesโ€. The original author has been notified via email.

Hi @teamoji

I've moved your post over to this existing thread, as a few of your fellow sellers have expressed some interest in this feature as well. 

It's not available at the moment, but check out some of the workarounds within this thread, and hopefully we can get something rolled out to help with this in the future. 

Message 41 of 189

We're about to launch a new coffee shop and had already selected Square for this shop (and ordered equipment through Square).  This is disappointing and we may need to reevaluate for the other shops.  I really hope that this changes!

Message 42 of 189