x
Beta Member

Slow-loading Square Shop is like watching paint dry.

I've been aware for some time that my Square Store takes over 10 seconds to load on a Mac Desktop, 21 seconds on a Dell PC Desktop, 50 (cellular) seconds on android phone, 65 (WiFi) seconds on android phone.  Note that these tests all have Google Chrome browser in common.

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

I'm having the same issue. Any way to speed it up? Way to slow on mobile devices!

Message 2 of 15
Square Community Moderator

Hi there. 

That does sound a bit strange. Have you encountered this when you visit your Online Store yourself? Most of these issues are related to the web browser version they're using or they're using a web browser that hasn't been updated in some time. 

Might this be the case? 

Message 3 of 15

Yes, I have experienced it. Seems to only be a problem on Android. Really makes it unusable.

Message 4 of 15

@josjava to clarify, this issue only occurs when you're visiting your Online Store through a web browser on an Android Device? Have you tried downloading a different web browser like Google Chrome? 

Message 5 of 15
Beta Member

Safari on iPad loads quickly.

Chrome on PC or Android is very slow to load.

Message 6 of 15

Wanted to add in as this may still be an issue. Google notified me my upload speed for my shop was 14 sec. considered poor performance by google / industry standards.   

Anything I can do to increase speed?

thx

Message 7 of 15
Admin

Hey @Seyb, thanks for flagging this. I went to check for any known issues or other trends related to Online Store upload performance but everything appears to be on the up-and-up.

If you haven't already, please give these browser troubleshooting tips a go. If anything in particular helps (or doesn't) — please reply with your browser version, operating system, and device you're using. With that information, I'll be sure to surface your post to the proper team.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 8 of 15

My browser settings are not the point

google notified me of the slow upload times. I do google ads for my online store, slow speeds increase bounce rates.  Which isn't helpful to online sales.

Message 9 of 15
Admin

Ah, got it. Sorry for the confusion — I misread your post. Any chance you can contact our Support Team directly with your Online Store URL and include the notification from Google? They'll be able to have a closer look behind the scenes. Hope this helps — let us know if anything else comes up!

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 10 of 15

Were you able to find a solution to this?  I just set up my online store and this is a big problem for me.

Message 11 of 15
Admin

Hello @jai, I'm sorry for the frustration this is causing. If you haven't already please call our CS team with more information about which browsers/devices the Online Store is slow to load. With a bit more detail they can take a closer look.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 12 of 15

Just setup the site square online, it's so slow.  I have been a developer 25 years and managed to ns of sites and servers.  This is unacceptable slow loading.  Is there not a CDN and caching mechanism working?  Or is if just overloaded servers?  Time to scale up!

Message 13 of 15

Sorry to hear about the trouble @TommyTwix! While we're not able to look into your account further via this public forum, our support team can look into this further with you. Please reach out here when you get a chance. 

PS. I noticed it's your first post, welcome to our community 👋 🙂

Message 14 of 15

Can I second this? Square online is preposterously slow for an e-commerce solution, like , I get it's a free website for Square customers but come on, square is taking a processing commission on these sales too, it's in THEIR interest to promote easy/fast sales of items through their website presence!

Message 15 of 15