x

I want to track item and category sales by Gift Card Pan Suffix -- how?

I want to find ways to track items "purchased" via Square Gift Card redemptions at our farmers' market stand. The Transaction and Item exports available in the Dashboard both have valuable information, but could they be combined to some extent? This would allow me to track Gift Card customers' purchases, because I can separately keep track of which PAN suffix goes to which customer. From what I can tell, adding a customer to each transaction doesn't allow me to export that customer's transactions in bulk -- only by each sale over the course of the year, which becomes extremely tedious.

I want to be able to see the "Category" column present in the Items Detail CSV exports, but ALSO the payment method and details for each of those item sales, as is available in the Transactions CSV export.

Is it possible to add columns to the "Items Detail CSV" export? On this export, at the very least, I also want to see the columns "Card Brand" and "PAN Suffix." With some sorting in excel, I can track gift card customer purchases -- but I ALSO need to know the "Category" of those purchases, which is why I'd like to see a more detailed Items export than includes transaction information.

Clear as mud? More data please!!!!!!!!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, 

Unfortunately there isn't a way to combine the Transaction report and the Items Details report. 

You're able to customize some columns, filters, and display methods through your Reports Tab, however there isn't much customization that you can do from the Transactions Tab. 

You would need to pull all of the date you're needing from each report, then place them manually into your own spreadsheet on your end. 

In regards to tracking which PAN Suffix is tied to which customer, you can try adding the PAN Suffix of the gift cards to the customers name, which would allow you to view their transactions in the Customer Directory. 

Message 2 of 2