x

How do I see a breakout of the "other" payments received on the daily sales report?

We use a 3rd party for our giftcards, so when we process this, it is an "other" payment method. Checks received are also in the "other" payment method. When we do our daily sales report to reconcile our drawers, we don't know how much is received via check vs. gift cards. I don't know if I'm missing a check in my deposit until I process my sales in my accounting software. Is it possible to have the breakdown of "other" payments received print on the daily sales report???

Message 1 of 10
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

Hello @Habitue

Currently we don't have a report that breaks down the payment type you enter for Other. I definitely understand why you want/need this function to make sure your drawer is accurate through out the day. I'll make sure to share this request with the Reports Team. 

Right now the only way to check is by looking at the transaction list on the Point of Sale app or your Square Dashboard. With your Square Dashboard you can check it from a remote location through out the day as well! That way you don't have to interrupt your cashier. 

If you have any other questions please feel free to reach out! 

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Best Answer

Hello @Habitue

Currently we don't have a report that breaks down the payment type you enter for Other. I definitely understand why you want/need this function to make sure your drawer is accurate through out the day. I'll make sure to share this request with the Reports Team. 

Right now the only way to check is by looking at the transaction list on the Point of Sale app or your Square Dashboard. With your Square Dashboard you can check it from a remote location through out the day as well! That way you don't have to interrupt your cashier. 

If you have any other questions please feel free to reach out! 

Message 2 of 10

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Sales Reports: seeing third party gift certificates and check separately

It is possible to select different types of payment methods including “checks” and “third party gift cards”. However,  it appears that they become lumped together in the “other” section of the sales report. Is it possible to see a more detailed listing of payment types within the sales report?

Message 3 of 10
Admin

@AnifromBirch Hello! I've moved your post to this thread where Tom answered a (very) similar question.

Another workaround would be to add a note to the sale, and then export the Transactions CSV report to see the note and filter your gift card/other sales. I can see how it would be helpful to get more granular reporting without using a workaround. We'll post any updates here!

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 4 of 10

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Gift Certificate & Other transaction reporting

Square,

Has this issue been resolved with @CannarWilm since the last post in 2017?  As a new customer, I am having this same issue in 2019 with split payments of external gift cards that we charge through the "Other" account and credit cards/cash.  If it has been resolved, please advise as to how I can view the break down of my "Other" category.  I found another thread, but the instructions did not match my 2019 version of the Back Office.

Thank you!

Message 5 of 10
Admin

@mbjones I went ahead an moved your post to this thread where Tom and I have answered a similar question and shared a workaround, which I hope helps. 

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve this reporting. We'll share updates as soon as they're available.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 6 of 10

It is 2022, I see people have been asking for this ability since 2017. 

As others have said, during checkout we differentiate between different forms of payment and yet they all get grouped together as "Other" in reporting. Why is it taking so long for us to get the ability to get the breakdown?

Message 7 of 10
Square Community Moderator

Hey there @RELAY

The current best way to differentiate Other types of payment is making sure that a note is included when processing at checkout. You should then be able to filter by note as well as by "other payment method" under the Transactions page. 

To filter by Note you would click the dropdown that says "Card #" and change it to note. 

I will still pass your feedback over to our product team for their visibility and consideration when working on future updates to the filter options on the Transactions page.

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 8 of 10

I also have this issue.  when we accept an "other payment" we always include a note and I have no idea how or where to retrieve these notes. i exported a csv file and filtered by note and it didn't show any of the "cash" notes we entered.  where do I run this report for what is entered? 

Message 9 of 10
Square Community Moderator

Hello there @gypsygirl1 

At this time Other payment notes are only available under the Square Dashboard.  I recommend you submit a Feature Request here If you'd like to see them in an exported report. This will help our product team get visibility and track other Sellers' interest in your request. 

Important: When submitting a request, make sure to include the desired feature, and provide the details of how this feature will help your business succeed (how would you use it and what you expect from it).

P.S. Welcome to the Seller Community 

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 10 of 10