x

Does Android support bluetooth printers?

Beta Member

Does Android support bluetooth printers?

I notice that Square is doing bluetooth printers with the IPAD,   when are they going to have this functionality with Android?  

0 Likes
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: android Bluetooth printing

You're correct. We're not currently able to offer Android compatiblity with bluetooth printers, but this is definitely a popular feature request. While I don't have an ETA to offer on that front, we're always working to bring the same compatibility for all devices we support.

As always, keep an eye out for app updates from the Play Store.

50 Comments

I am as well. 

I was looking for a wireless printer for my mobile unit. And all I use is Android.

I would love it if this feature was added! I purchased my barcode scanner specifically for its Bluetooth feature

Square Community Moderator

Thanks for sharing your interest in this @Ginah91395

If anything changes with this we'll be sure to post an update 👍🏼

The fact that Square still does not support bluetooth accessories is sad considering many others can make it work with less resources. Just not acceptable.

Beta Member

The problem is not just bluetooth printer -- it's Square's insistance on relying only on USB OTG. As noted in my other thread: https://www.sellercommunity.com/t5/Troubleshooting/USB-Type-C-and-Square-App-Accessories-Support/m-p... , the whole Android market is moving towards USB-Type C. Sooner or later, there will be no Android devices supporting any accessories on the Square app. In fact, if you buy any of the flagship Android devices this year, you can't even plug a barcode scanner into it.

I don't understand why android would not be supported...I mean really....Bluetooth is everywhere now and the two most popular user interfaces are android and apple...

Probably a silly question, Is there any predicted timeframe, for when we can use our android devices with Bluetooth printers for square pos, cheers.

I am aware i could use a usb OTG, but would really preffer BT and Lan isn't an option for me.

Hi Sean, any good news yet? cheers

Hello @Melly, I'm filling in for Sean! 

We're still in the process of collecting feedback for this feature request. This threads been around for awhile, but we haven't forgotten about you! 😊

I need the ability to sell using my iPhone and or Android and my socket barcode reader.  I have researched this enough to know the feature is not implemented on them.  Many have asked and it has been some time since the requests began.  Please get this to the top of the feature development ASAP.  Being an ignorant user it looks like you just don't want this capibility or it would have been done long ago.  If it isn't going to happen it would be good to know so we can investigate another card processor/sales app.

Thanks