x

Why don't Square invoices pull inventory from BigCommerce when Square POS does?

Hi all - I reached out to support, but it's been a day and no response, and this is a problem I need solved a week ago. I'm wondering if anyone is knowledgable about whether or not Square Invoices are supposed to pull inventory from BigCommerce stock the same way Square POS does. We run a retail store for small transactions, but we also make huge orders for large LED retrofit projects. When we run a POS transacation, our stock comes out the way it's supposed to. But when we use the same stock items to create an invoice, the stock doesn't sync up! This is causing disasterous results for our backend that has caused us great embarrasment, and eventually is going to lose us business (if it hasn't already). 

Does anyone know if this is intentional? If it is, how on earth are we supposed to invoice these huge orders for our clients efficiently? Thanks for reading! 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Alumni

Hey @IES,

Apologies for the delayed response! We see that a team member was able to get in touch with you on August 3rd. If you have any follow up questions, feel free to reply directly to the email and they will be able to help you further. Hoping for a speedy resolution to your issue!

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 2 of 10

@puka @IES Can you please tell us more about the issue/problem solving?

Message 3 of 10
Alumni

Hey @CPADML,

I believe what @IES is asking is whether the Square Invoices feature is able to track inventory. They use Square POS for smaller transactions, but use a combination of BigCommerce and Invoices for larger transactions (feel free to correct me if I've interpreted any of this incorrectly).

The answer to that is that inventory is definitely tracked for items processed within the POS app, but the ability to track inventory for items added to Invoices is not available at this time. However, you are able to manually adjust your stock levels from the Item Library in your online Square Dashboard.

We'll make sure to forward this feature request to our Product Liaison team so that they can track any further feedback on it. If we hear of any updates, we'll definitely make sure to update this thread.

Hope that helps! Feel free to let us know if you have any further questions.

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 4 of 10

I'm having this same issue, I send out clothes to customers with invoices for them to paid later but the items don't get remove from my inventory. 

Is there a easier way to correct the stock instead of going to the dashboard and making a re-count adjustment each time I do an invoice? 

Message 5 of 10
Admin

Hello @Goddessboutique!

Good news, we recently launched inventory management with Square Invoices! 🎉

You can enable this from your online Dashboard in a few clicks:

1. Sign into the Dashboard and click Items.
  2. Click Settings and then click Inventory.
  3. Toggle Enable Inventory Management for Invoices ON.

Thanks for your patience while we worked to build this feature. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to get in touch! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 6 of 10

Thank you, this will help and reduce time adjusting inventory.

Message 7 of 10
Admin

You're welcome! Glad it'll help save time! 😄

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 8 of 10

This thread is from 2017. Do invoices now pull from the inventory so the inventory is automatically adjusted or is it still manually adjusted. 

Message 9 of 10
Square Community Moderator

Hi @VCH,

Thanks for reaching out to confirm this inquiry.

I am reaching out to another team to confirm if this feature has been enabled. 

I will reach out as soon as I have response. I appreciate your patience!

Message 10 of 10