x

Does Square Payroll pay my quarterly state taxes electonrically?

I am required by Florida to file and pay my payroll taxes electronically. Is this the method used by Square?

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 10
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

@dogs9501 - Welcome to the Seller Community, we're happy to have you! 👐🏻  As for your question, yes! We always adhere to all filing guidelines for the states that we offer Square Payroll. 

PS) If my answer solved your problem, would you mind marking it as "Best Answer"? That'll help the rest of the community find what they're looking for. If not, just write back, and I'll continue to help. Thanks!

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Square

Best Answer

@dogs9501 - Welcome to the Seller Community, we're happy to have you! 👐🏻  As for your question, yes! We always adhere to all filing guidelines for the states that we offer Square Payroll. 

PS) If my answer solved your problem, would you mind marking it as "Best Answer"? That'll help the rest of the community find what they're looking for. If not, just write back, and I'll continue to help. Thanks!

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 2 of 10

I'm a fairly new user of Square Payroll, in WA.  I know that my business has state payroll tax quarterly filing requirements coming due at the end of October.  I want to be sure that everything is set up properly and that Square will handle this for me, but I can't find anything in the web interface to Square Payroll that links to scheduled upcoming state tax filings.

How can I confirm that Square has it all under control, and everything will happen when needed?  I don't want to just assume that everything is OK, and then find out too late that I've missed a deadline.  

It would be comforting to see a list of upcoming federal and state filings that Square plans to make, with filing dates, and some sort of status indication on whether Square has all needed data, or whether my action is required.

Thanks,

Kevin

Message 3 of 10
Admin

Welcome to the seller community, @khorton, and thanks for bringing this up.

I surfaced your post with the Square Payroll Team and they confirmed that Square Payroll will handle both your Federal and State tax filings and payments. We’ll pay your monthly tax payments as well as file on your behalf at the end of each quarter—and at the end of the year. You can download Federal and State tax forms filed on your behalf from the Tax Forms tab of the Square Payroll Dashboard.

If you have any account-specific questions, pay taxes on a semi-monthly basis, or file on a non-quarterly schedule—please get in touch with us directly.

For more information on the forms filed by Square's online payroll services for Washington, have a look here: Square Payroll Federal and State Tax Resources > Washington.

In addition, I'll be sure to share your insight about having visibility into upcoming tax filings with a status indication internally. Please don't hesitate to let us know if anything else comes up.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 4 of 10

New business in PA. I know that square will file my quarterlies for me, but do they also handle payment of Employer withholding and sales tax?

Message 5 of 10
Square Community Moderator

Hello @Pecotwinkiss 

While this sounds like a good question for our Payroll team. I was able to find a helpful article that outlines Pennsylvania Employer Tax Information with Square Payroll. If this article still doesn't answer your question 

Please reach out  our Payroll team by phone or email when you have a moment by logging into your Square account and heading here.

P.S. Welcome to the Seller Community 

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 10

But does this cost extra?

Message 7 of 10

Beckysfa,

No.  The filing is included in your square payroll fees. Square is the very best payroll service I've ever used. Your fees cover all tax filings, state and federal, as well as year end w2's to your employees. Sit back, relax and let them do it all for you!

Message 8 of 10

We are a small business just starting out so we have no employees at this time.  Does square keep track of the quarterly taxes we pay?

Message 9 of 10

Hello @NellyDawn14, this thread is specific to payroll taxes. 

Square Point of Sale does not keep track of other taxes you pay to the state at this time. 

Message 10 of 10