x

Scam email

Square Representatives

We received a Spam email with your information saying the following:

==================================================================================

"From: Square Support <somuchdistncebete@dongyis.net>

Date: July 5, 2017 at 2:54:34 PM EDT

Subject: Notice of a $70 withdrawal from your bank account

Notice of a $70 withdrawal from your bank account

Hello,

We’re writing to notify you that funds will be withdrawn from your linked bank account as a result of one or more of the following: a refund to your customer, a payment dispute from your customer, a hardware financing payment, or a renewal of subscription to a paid service.

Your Bank account will be debited in the amount of $165. The funds will be withdrawn within one to two business days.

To cancel this withdrawals, follow this link to your deposits page on your dashboard.

VIEW THE REFUND

Thanks,

The Square Team

© 2017 SQUARE, INC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

1455 MARKET STREET, SUITE 600, SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94103

UNSUBSCRIBE FROM THESE EMAILS

"

==================================================================================

We imagine that this is a scam becouse the sender e-mail does not mention any "@square.com", but if you see the original e-mail tat we received you can have some doubts becouse they use your logo and your exact page design format.

Do you have any departament in charge of persecution for this type of criminal activity?

if you do, please let me know how to get this information to them.

Thank you

Gabriela

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

I received an email I suspect to be a scam today as well. Did you ever get an answer who to forward it on to?

Message 2 of 3
Super Seller

forward the suspected email to spoof@squareup.com . do not click any of the links in the email.

anyone can make a spoof email and there is nothing anyone can do to stop them, just be careful and don't click any links in the email.  always go to Squareup.com and log in directly there.

Message 3 of 3