x

Tip Screen Shows Twice?

I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong or how to change this.

When I ring up a customer I swipe the card. If it is a chip card, the tip screen comes up. I have to hit "no tip" and then the screen says "please insert to chip reader." I insert to chip reader, wait till it says remove card. Then the tip screen comes up again. It's driving me crazy.

Also, I frequently have to restart my app to get the contactless chip reader to communicate with my tablet. Also frustrating, and if I bypass the chip, I get charged more by Square.

Amie Tolomeo
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Super Seller

if you swipe the card instead of chip it is the same rate.  only manually typing in the card is more due to the much higher fraud possibilities.

what android tablet do you have?

I can't help on the tip screen as I have never used tipping in Square.  @katieand, any idea on what they are saying about double tip screen?

Message 2 of 4

It's a Samsung S4 Galaxy tab.

I just re read the Square TOS and it says if I don't use the chip I'm liable for the potential fraud. 😕 

Amie Tolomeo
Message 3 of 4

Hello @rocknip, it sounds like you have a "separate tipping screen" enabled under the tip settings of your POS app.

You can avoid the initial tipping screen by disabling this setting or just processing the chip cards in the chip reader, rather than swiping them first. 🙂

Message 4 of 4