x

What is the fee for Alice Pre-Tax Spending Benefits?

What is the deduction from Alice?  My account and my employees account had a deduction taken out...  I thought it was free to use this app.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Super Seller

@HeatherSweetD, Could you explain a bit more what you are referencing with an example so that we can help you?  Not sure what you are referencing.  The only thing I came up with is that Alice is an app to record your business spending deductibles.

Message 2 of 7
Admin

@HeatherSweetD @VanKalkerFarms It sounds like you are referring to Payroll Pre-Tax Spending Benefits with Alice. It's free to set up, and free for your employees to use but Alice's fee is half of your employees' tax savings. For example, if your employees’ purchases save you $100 in Payroll taxes, Alice’s fee will be $50.

I hope this helps clarify but if needed you can also reach out to Alice Support at (347) 308-6036 or email Alice directly at support@thisisalice.com.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 3 of 7
Super Seller

while I can't say I fully understand what Alice is doing, that is one significant deduction finder's fee cut they take.

Message 4 of 7

I understand that fee but what is the deduction they take out of my employees checking and my checking?  I still do not understand

Message 5 of 7
Admin

Hey @HeatherSweetD, Tom checking in for Helen today. Sorry to hear that there's still some questions around this. Were you able to touch base with Alice Support and get more clarity on the deduction issue? If not, please let me know and I'll be happy to open up a case to see if there's any other followup that we can do from our end.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 6 of 7
Square

Here is a blog post all about pretax spending and how to leverage it. As far as the Alice fee, Alice splits the payroll tax savings with employers, which makes Alice a free benefit in Square Payroll. Neither the employer or the employee are out of pocket for this benefit. 

Screen Shot 2019-02-22 at 3.59.28 PM.png

Message 7 of 7