x

Is there a way to make partial payments towards an invoice?

Is there a way to make partial payments towards an invoice?

Is there a way 2 take partial payments 4 an invoice?

2 Verified Answers
Verified Answer

Re: Is there a way to make partial payments towards an invoice?

Little late with an update here, but wanted to make sure y'all know this is possible with Square Progress Invoices!

You can schedule multiple payments on a Square Invoice by following these steps 

Joe
Verified Answer

Re: Is there a way to make partial payments towards an invoice?

Hi there, @LiaJmt - thanks for adding your voice here and checking in on this feature! Good to hear from you. Same to you, @BIONICONE - welcome! 

You may be looking specifically for our newly introduced Deposit Feature for Invoices. This will also allow you to create a single invoice to track multiple payments and reduce the amount of time you have to spend reconciling multiple payments (deposit, follow-up payments) to a single transaction or sale.

Let me know if this is what you're looking for! 

336 Comments
Alumni

Hey @fesoicher - This feature is still in development and we don't have an ETA on its release date, but we will make sure to announce once it's ready.

Stop lying to your customers!!!!! SOOOO annoying!!!!!!! You people have been saying this for more than a year on this thread alone!!!!

ATTN: New visitors reading this thread

This thread is ancient. The entire time they say it's "in development"

As a web dev myself, I know it can easily be added in 2-4 hours. Your lies are getting very old.

The real question here Square, is why you are not embarrassed for giving the same answer for over 1.5 years.....were you a company that had to answer to anyone that cares, your management and software team would be looking for new jobs

Admin

I'm very sorry for the frustration this is causing @briansmith84 and @LM13.

As mentioned in the most recent update to this thread, this feature requires a lot of work by our team so it's not something that can be implemented overnight unfortunately. 

As soon as have any updates we'll update this thread. Apologies again that I don't have more information at this time.

Again you repeat the same information you have given for more than 1.5 years of this thread.....where are your supervisors? Where is your conscience? Stop with the bull**bleep**, you do not deserve all the success you have to treat valuable customers the way you have. I understand you service the restaurant community and the success you have there, but if you can't or won't address new markets just say it rather than string people along for 1.75 years

Hello @LM13, I understand you're frustrated, but if you look at @rohini post on the first page of this thread you can see this feature is being built and you have the opportunity to test out the beta once it's available. 

I do ask that you use respectful language in the future. It might be a good idea to review our Community Etiquette Guidelines so you understand what is appropriate and what isn't.

If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to me. 

Square

Hi all, thank you for all the recent responses to this thread. I know there is a lot of frustration that we haven’t been able to make this change more quickly and I know this is impacting your business and your view of Square. We are working on a solution for this, and I appreciate your continued patience.

I know I’ve said this before, but I do read all of these comments, and we do care about your feedback. I’d like to offer to hold one-on-one calls with anyone on this thread who is interested in telling me more about how they need the product to work. That will ensure that we’re building a solution that addresses your needs. If you’d like to set up a time to speak with me, please use our Square Appointments tool to book a day and time that works with your schedule. And if you would like to ensure you are signed up for our alpha and beta releases, please add your email address to this form.  Thank you again for your patience and I hope we can have some productive conversations about how to make Invoices work for you.

This reply created from merging an existing thread: "Down Payment or Partial Payment options".

I am in need of a function that allows us to take a down payment/partial payment and send a reciept for that partial payment which includes the remaining balance left to be paid?  Is Square working on a fuction like this and if so when can we see it happening? Thank you....

I have not tried this myself, but perhaps you could send an invoice (which contains a link to allow them to pay you), and specify that they only need to pay a certain amount at that time. Then after they make the down/partial payment (and once the rest of the payment is due) you can re-send the invoice which should automatically show the amount already paid and amount remaining due.

If you read the history on this thread, WE ALL WANT THE ABILITY TO TAKE PARTIAL PAYMENTS ON AN INVOICE!  However, this seemingly absurd feature appears to be very low on Square's to do list.  There are words about it being a major modification to their back end, etc.  I know that for such a great software suite that offers invoicing, one would think that a partial payment feature like you describe would just be included in the base roll-out; however, this is simply not the case.  If you want to take partial payments, there are workarounds described earlier in this thread, but they have tax implications and it creates more work than should be necessary.  Personally, I dump to Quickbooks for my bookkeeping and use its invoices.  The only thing I use Square for is to actually take people's money and card payments.  I created a no tax "Payment" item that our cashier rings in for people making payments and use the note feature to record the QUICKBOOKS invoice number.  Painful, but it keeps our records straight and our taxes on the up-and-up.   Shame on Square for not having this as a base feature and triple shame for not getting us a patch to upgrade their POS.  POS=Point of Sale