x

For Existing Square Capital Users...How can I become eligible for another Square Capital Loan?

I am an existing Square Capital User with a small loan amount.  I previously held a square capital loan and was offered to increase my Square Capital loan, which I accepted.  

How can I receive this offer again?  Do I need to reach a certain percentage paid off before I can be offered another loan?  

Any help is appreciated!  Thank You! 

Message 1 of 89
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

Hi @IMPACT23 - I'm sorry about your frustration with your Capital experience. I understand how frustrating it can be to not be eligible. I want to clarify that if you have received a loan in the past, there is no guarantee that you will be offered another one (check out this Help Center Article about becoming eligible for another loan). We are continuing to track feedback we receive about the Capital program/product, so thank you for taking the time to post and share your experience. Please let me know if there's anything else I can convey to my team about your experience in particular.

View Best Answer >

Message 36 of 89
88 REPLIES 88
Admin

@rzrshop Sorry to hear you haven't receied another offer. I went ahead and escalated your post to the Capital team. They'll follow up with you by email as soon as they can!

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 64 of 89

Thank you @Helen any pointers would be helpful we run about 40k a month in credit cards, no disputes or charge backs ever, and only 1 return since Feb

Message 65 of 89
Super Seller

Mine usually varies between 78-81% paid off before I get a new offer. 

Message 66 of 89
Square

Hi @ypalomarez, thanks for your post! You may be eligible for an additional loan offer when your current plan is close to being repaid. For more information about becoming eligible, check out this Support Center article: Becoming Eligible For Another Loan Through Square Capital 

Message 67 of 89

@Regina_B Not true 

Message 68 of 89

What’s not true 

Message 69 of 89

You can pay it off and they probably still won’t give you another one. 

Message 70 of 89

95% paid no new offer. I no longer expect it. If it comes awesome if not that's okay as well. I'm actually kind of excited to not pay the high percentage out of my sales daily! I'll use that money to purchase my inventory monthly and gain $ on my own money without being in debt. But I cant say if they offered me a new capital loan I wouldnt decline....good to hear someone in here actually got one! 

Message 71 of 89

Try to be optimistic! Ive had a total of 5 loans, ALL PAID IN FULL, and yes im awaiting another, and have been frustrated in the past, everyone's situation is different, but postive thinking WINS, one way or the other. I know I'll get another offer, I'll be sure to post here, It's just a matter of time...

Message 72 of 89

I am currently on my 5-6th (I’ve lost track) capital loan. About 33% paid on this one. No chargebacks, no issues with repayment, ever. I need inventory and am checking to see if it’s possible to add money to my current loan. Has anyone ever done this successfully? 

Message 73 of 89
Square Community Moderator

Hi @AudraR

I've moved your post over to this existing thread that has a few posts from fellow sellers looking for answers around this as well. 

Check out the Best Answer in this thread and hopefully our Capital team reaches out to you soon!

Message 74 of 89

If you accept the increase, realize that you are paying double fees for the remaining balance in the original loan!  For example, your original loan was $10000 for which they charge a 12% fee, making your payback amount $11200.  Now say you've paid back $7200 of that original amount, so you have a remaining balance of $4000.  Now they offer to increase your loan by another $10000 for which they'll charge 12%.  However, when you accept, they will use the $10000 to pay off the original loan, $10000 - 4000, and deposit $6000.  But they still charge you 12% fee on the $10000.  So you are paying $1200 in fees for a $6000 new money loan, a rate of 20%.

But yes, they've offered to increase after only 34% payback on the original.  But I wait until the original is paid off so I don't pay double fees on any portion.

Message 75 of 89

This reply created from merging an existing thread: "I need second loans" The author has been notified via email.

I need second loans 

Message 76 of 89

If you accept the increase, realize that you are paying double fees for the remaining balance in the original loan!  For example, your original loan was $10000 for which they charge a 12% fee, making your payback amount $11200.  Now say you've paid back $7200 of that original amount, so you have a remaining balance of $4000.  Now they offer to increase your loan by another $10000 for which they'll charge 12%.  However, when you accept, they will use the $10000 to pay off the original loan, $10000 - 4000, and deposit $6000.  But they still charge you 12% fee on the $10000.  So you are paying $1200 in fees for a $6000 new money loan, a rate of 20%.

Message 77 of 89
Beta Member

I'm at 77% and hoping to be offered another loan soon! We just expanded into another state and it would really help!

Message 78 of 89
Super Seller

How did it go? Were you able to get your Capitol?

Message 79 of 89
Beta Member

I was offered to apply for a loan that was half of what I am normally offered. I was declined due to "cash advance activity". Its because I swiped my own debit card to get money from my bank account onto my Square account so I could make a large purchase for inventory with my Square card. I did not know this was against the rules and I am very upset about it. I was looking for ways to use Square for all of my business needs (including debit card) but now I am looking for ways to take care of my business without Square. After several paid loans, and I have been so loyal to them, I find myself in a spot where I can't get a business loan from my bank because I kept all my money in my Square acct. I am very upset about this! 

Message 80 of 89

Wow that’s awful. Their rules has changed a lot since they started with the square capital. It makes it hard for us. 

Message 81 of 89
Super Seller

It really does, especially for the ones that have stayed with square when other companies are cheaper 😞 I've been using them for years and never would have thought that is a rule or against the rules??? 

Message 82 of 89
Beta Member

Yes I have been very loyal even with so many other options out there for invoicing. I am now looking to my bank to possibly use their merchant tools. 

Message 83 of 89
Super Seller

Wow, I am so sorry to hear that:(

I didn't know that was against the rules?????? I don't see why or how it should be? I've been with them years as well:( 

Message 84 of 89