x

How to set signature screen on Samsung S8+ to rotate to horizontal

Since the oreo update my Samsung S8+ signature screen does not rotate to horizontal, although my phone's set to auto-rotate. Anyone else experience this?

Message 1 of 89
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

Hi @Leequa - Sorry it took me so long to provide this update. 

I just heard back from our engineering team that the app is performing as expected with some versions of Android's signature screen in portrait mode. They're not actively working on the landscape signature screen mode, but exploring its possibility since I've been sharing all of your feedback with them. 

I'm really sorry that I had to share this news because I know it's not what you all expected. I'm going to continue sharing your feedback, especially around missing out on tips with this smaller screen. I'll keep you updated as I learn more. 

View Best Answer >

Message 55 of 89
88 REPLIES 88
Alumni

Hi @Leequa & @DJH715 - I've merged your posts over here so we can continue tracking merchants affected by this issue. I'm talking with our team to see if anything has been reported and what the issue could be. 

Thanks for your patience!

Message 22 of 89

Thanks so much

Message 23 of 89

I have been using an LG Stylo 2 without issue. Got an LG G7 ThinQ yesterday, having the issue. Frustrated. Square needs to get a fix to update all these androids!

Message 24 of 89

Yes, I too am having the same issues. I just saw your post after posting mine.  This really sucks because the phone is awkward to hold to sign and the tip amounts are crammed at the top and easy to miss or ignore.  I'm losing out on at least $50 to $100 a day on tips because of this.  I have a Samsung Galaxy 8.

Message 25 of 89

I sent this info the 'support center'.  They are now aware and (hopefully) working on resolving this!  I have a show this weekend, and I highly doubt if it will be resolved before then.  Go to the 'Contact' area and let them know of yours also.  I told them I wasn't the only one with this problem.  There are several others.  If enough of us let them know, perhaps it will be taken care of.  I was told that their engineering department would look into it.  Hope it's taken care of.

Message 26 of 89

I just got off the phone with the support and the guy was completely clueless. Since my android performed the Oreo update, I have not been able to auto rotate my screen whatsoever. It stays in portrait, even though all my other apps rotate. I have a galaxy note 8

Message 27 of 89

Me too, I have a S9+. All apps rotate except for Square.

Message 28 of 89
Admin

I'm so sorry for the frustration @Hairstylist1983 @GabeTrout. We're aware that the workaround doesn't help resolve this on all devices. 😞

Apologies again for the trouble this is causing. As soon as we have any updates  from our engineering team we'll let everyone in this thread know.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 29 of 89
Beta Member

My clients are having an incredibly hard time signing on the small vertical line! Any idea when this will be fixed?

Message 30 of 89

has anyone heard about when this is getting fixed? seems like its been a long wait

Message 31 of 89

Nope.  Haven't heard a word. I'm really starting to get **bleep**ed off.

Message 32 of 89

Here was their response to me today:

They're not actively working on the landscape signature screen mode, but exploring its possibility since I've been sharing all of your feedback with them. 

Message 33 of 89

"It's possibility", that's funny. It worked on my 4+ year old Galaxy Note 3, so I'd say it's possible...

I upgraded to S9+ and now it doesn't work right. 

Message 34 of 89
Alumni

Hi all - Thanks again for your patience.

I was able to chat with someone from our team and our workaround is to lock rotation in landscape mode for affected devices.

Let me know if this works or if you have more questions. 

Message 35 of 89

I locked my screen on landscape mode, as instruced, and this did not fix the issue. 😞  Hope those engineers are still working on it.  I did unistall/reinstall a few hours ago too for any fixes and updates.  

Message 36 of 89

@katieand. Answer doesn't make sense.  Can't even get the screen to go horizontal so how are we supposed to lock screen in horizontal? Doesn't work. Please come up with a more effective solution

Message 37 of 89
Admin

I'm sorry for the frustration this is causing! 

I checked in with our engineering team again and, as mentioned previously, we are aware that some larger Android devices (Pixel 2 XL, Galaxy S8 / S8+) running on Oreo the signature screen will not switch from vertical to landscape. 

Unfortunately, don't have a timeline for when this will be fixed but as soon as we have more information or any other workarounds we'll update this thread to let everyone know. Thanks again for reporting this and for your patience in the meantime. 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 38 of 89

Will be interested as to when the suspect this to be fixed.  It really makes a different when getting a signature

Message 39 of 89

I do not have one of the listed android phones and my signature line was always horizontal until today.  big fingers trying to sign on tiny line is rediculous.  

Message 40 of 89
Admin

@faith4scentsy If you recently updated to Android's Oreo software it's likely you're experiencing the same issue, I'm sorry.

Let us know what device you're using so we can share that information with the team.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 41 of 89

This does not work, as soon as square opens it resets to portrait and won't rotate.

Message 42 of 89