x

Allow employees to accept credit cards at a location

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Allow a location to accept credit card

I have people in locations selling my product.  I want them to be able to accept credit card charges.  I created an employee and gave them permissions and a role, but when they log it, Square is asking questions like they are a new like, like business name, EIN, etc.  Shouldn't my employee login and be connected to my company?  How do I do this?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Admin

@fitstop Depending on the type of Role you created, yes your employees should have received an email inviting them to sign up to take payments on your behalf. That email has a link in it and they must use this link to create an account - if they create an account without using your link it won't be tied to your account.

To make sure your employees have the correct role from your online Square Dashboard:

1. Navigate to the Employees section > click on the name of an employee.
  2. Scroll down to Permissions > click Edit Role.
  3. Scroll down and toggle Access Mobile Point of Sale ON (You should see that the description says Allow this employee to sign in to any Point of Sale app using their own email and password (e.g. employees taking payments on-the-go).)
  4. Click Save to save your changes.

If you invite someone to take payments for you and they haven't received the invitation ask them to check their spam folder first, or visit squareup.com/login > click Reset Password.

Don't hesitate to reply if you have any questions about this, I'm happy to help! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 2 of 2