x

Any known issues using Square magstripe reader with Moto Z Play Droid phone?

I'm in the market for a new cell phone, and am seriously considering the Moto Z Play Droid.   It wasn't specifically listed as compatible with the Square app/magstripe reader, but I'm assuming it would work as long as it has the current version of the Google Android operating system ... is that a valid assumption, or does anyone have experience using the magstripe reader on a Moto Z Play?

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square

Hi @Merlin. Welcome to the Seller Community! We're happy to have you. As for your question, it's hard to say definitively. Since we don't have any testing data on this device, compatibility can't be guaranteed. I'd suggest chatting with the mobile carrier, they may have a better idea. You also might double check the return policy, you may be able to send it back if it doesn't' work without a penalty. Having said that, this device does seem to fit the general requirements. Either way, you should let us know so if another seller has a similar question - we have the answer on the community. 

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 2 of 4

Hi Sean,

I Have the Moto Z Droid and want to use the Square reader, but the device doesn't have a headphone jack. Do you know if the lightning adapter will work on this model?

Thanks,

Brian

Message 3 of 4
Alumni

Hi @BrianHerkel - The lightning adapter only works for Apple products. However, there should be headphone adapters specific to your phone model on third party sites and the Magstripe will be able to connect to your phone that way.

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 4 of 4