x

Any one else frustrated that SIMPLE tasks are unable to resolved by Square?

Simple issues like blocking certain clients from making appointments or customized texts to coincide with appointment reminders like Covid protocols, etc 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Square Community Moderator

Hey there @TammyR 👋

This would be considered a feature request at this time.

While there's not currently a way to blacklist or block a specific client from booking. 

You can maybe try using the No-Show Protection feature and require a card on file for booking.

If your client doesn’t show up, or cancels outside of your cancellation window, you can choose to enforce your cancellation policy and charge their card on file. 

Check out this article and hopefully this works for you:

Set a Custom Cancellation Policy with Square Appointments

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 3
Super Seller

While I agree that any things that are "simple" take a long time, this isn't a mom-and-pop company where you can just do whatever you want at a moment's notice.  There are thousands of employees and millions of users and what may appear to be a "small/simple" change can mean recoding 25% of the app or getting 4 different teams together to figure out how the database part will be affected and the UI team and the support team and the many different apps etc.  Yes, I too have feature requests that have been out there for years, but there are also thousands of other requests out there too and at some point, things get on a priority list.

The great thing I see though is that there have been lots of new features and options being added in the last year showing they have a lot of work going into adding features and improvements. 

Message 3 of 3