x

Can I process payments after my close of day?

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Close of day settings

Hello, I’m new and have a quick question. 

If my close of day is set @ 5pm and I actually stay open till 11pm can I still process payments after 5 ? 

Does it close at 5 and no more transactions are allowed ? 

Message 1 of 3
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

close of day is for when credit cards will be processed and deposited.  so if the close of day is set to 5 all credit cards before 5 will be deposited the next business day and then all after 5 will go on the next day's deposit.  you can run transactions 24/7.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Super Seller

Best Answer

close of day is for when credit cards will be processed and deposited.  so if the close of day is set to 5 all credit cards before 5 will be deposited the next business day and then all after 5 will go on the next day's deposit.  you can run transactions 24/7.

Message 2 of 3

You can edit your close of day to reflect your actual open hours.  We have that set so that when I run sales reports at my actual close of the day, they match all of the paperwork for that day's sales, including the deposit for the day.   I have my close of day set for midnight.  Otherwise your paperwork will be a nightmare to try and reconcile.  I think this is your best bet.

Message 3 of 3