x

Can I stop a payment from being processed?

I think I was just scammed they are overly concerned about cash deposits and I'm concerned. 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Super Seller Alumni

Best thing to do is call your credit card company and report it.

Message 2 of 8

The problem is it isn't my card like they scammed me into taking money for a supposed event. 

Message 3 of 8
Super Seller

Message 4 of 8

I was contacted to do photography for an event and the event planner is very concerned about getting a cash deposit but I'm from Michigan and they are from Iowa and to me it's a little fishy

Message 5 of 8
Super Seller

I'm not sure what the scam would be, they gave you money to secure your services for an event.  they can't take money from you unless they file a dispute with their credit card company after you would have done the job.  If you don't want to do this then because you don't like how it is going then simply refund the transaction and tell them you don't want to be involved in the event anymore.

Message 6 of 8
Alumni

@Skipp1987 -

If you have been contacted to perform services that you do not typically offer (transportation, freight, high dollar purchases), then I say follow your gut. 

To best protect yourself when accepting card payments, please check our Support Center article detailing Best Practices for Accepting Payment Cards.

Please let us know if you have any other questions. 

Message 7 of 8
Super Seller

Transactions are processed instantly at checkout.  You can refund it but if you gave out inventory to the person you would have to get it back.

Message 8 of 8