x

Can we download our customer e-mail accounts without paying Square?

Customer e-mail accounts are an asset of our company.  Since we invest in capturing these with our store expenses and advertising, this detail should be free and not a paid for subscription capitalized upon by Square.  Square is a payment processor, and bundling in the e-marketing feature for pay seems unethical.  It is fine to make this feature available as an add on for those who do not have other e-marketing programs.  For us, Square's intent to control this asset of ours simply fractures our emarketing efforts = dfiierent channel, image options, and effort.  Square sites FCC regs about access to customer info: why not insert a button at point of sale that gives our customers the option of subscribing to our marketing since we are the face of their retail experience and have an FCC regulated e-marketing program already in place.  I feel that Square is reselling me my own property: my customers.  I have already invested in their acquisition once!!

Message 1 of 6
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

For free you can add customers to the customer directory.  Simply add them at the time of sale or create them at the time of sale.  This information is exportable.  

Manage your customer directory from the Square app

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Super Seller

Best Answer

For free you can add customers to the customer directory.  Simply add them at the time of sale or create them at the time of sale.  This information is exportable.  

Manage your customer directory from the Square app

Message 2 of 6

We operate in heavily trafficked locations, and spend a great deal of  time on service: the sale closing needs to be efficient and fast for our own purposes, and our customers needs.  A single step, seamless, streamlined entry of consumer emails occurs when they request their receipt via email.  A seconday action is redundant and should be unnecessary - especially in the context of small business operations which are already challenged with multi-tasks.

Message 3 of 6
Square Community Moderator

@VanKalkerFarms Great response!

@apropos So long as your customer provides you the information directly to store and add to your Customer Directory, you're able to export and access the information at any time. 

The idea of a button or pop-up that gives your customer this option is something is something we're currently looking into, so keep an eye out for updates. 

Message 4 of 6
Beta Member

I see no way to download the customer information I uploaded in the very beginning or any new customers I added manually at time of purchase

Message 5 of 6
Super Seller

@RCT ;

From your Square Dashboard > Customers then in the upper Right there is an Export button which will export your customers to a csv file.

https://squareup.com/dashboard/customers/directory 

Even in the Square support document that tells you about Customers and Importing them, you can see the Import/Export button in their video here:

https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/5498-manage-your-customer-directory-online 

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 6 of 6