x

Compatibility and function questions

I have a WindFall Stand for iPad 2 Kit and Square Contactless and Chip Reader in my cart. At one point I recieved a helpful phone call from sales and they were supposed to send me a follow up email on the hardware that never came.

Questions:

1. Does the ipad stand turn around so the customer can sign it?

2. Is the Square Contactless and Chip Reader compatacble with the iPad 2 and how does it connect?

Very frustrated that a large order doesn't allow a phone call.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Super Seller Alumni

DON"T use an iPad 2.  This equipment is too old.  A new iPad is $329.00 this will save you a ton of issues.  The Contactless reader will not connect via Bluetooth to an iPad 2.

Here is the Heckler stand that will work for a new iPad.  They don't come with a swivel base but you can order that accessory.

The reader is two pieces.  One the mag swiper that plugs into the headphone jack and the Contactless/Chip reader that will connect via Bluetooth.

Message 2 of 11

I conceed your point on the old iPad:) Iam looking at the heckler stand. If it doesn't rotate, how does the customer sign for their purchase?

Message 3 of 11
Super Seller Alumni

I'm Sorry I didn't put the link in my previous post to the stand. There you will also see the swivel base accessory.

Message 4 of 11

If older model iPads don't really work with the Square hardware, it'd be nice if they didn't list them as compatable in the hardware store. 😞

Message 5 of 11
Super Seller Alumni

I don't see any reference to the older model iPads in the Store.  All hardware lists compatible models and the contactless readers has a compatibility link for you to find your device.  If you see such a reference please let us know.

Message 6 of 11

Message 7 of 11

@cgailj That stand is manufactured by WindFall, not Square. But I completely agree it's confusing to offer such options. The very inclusion of it on the same page highly suggests it'd be compatible with any of Square's hardware. At the very least they should make it loud and clear on the product page that such a setup would not work with the contactless and chip reader.

Message 8 of 11

@RHatch Ah, I see. I was thinking of the iPad Air 2, which the store lists as compatible and was the model I thought was being discussed. My mistake.

Message 9 of 11

This is showing the old iPad 2, 3 and 4 as compatable. I went with the galaxy ($200ish) instead and love it.

Message 10 of 11
Super Seller Alumni

Glade we could clear this up.  Reading is key..

Message 11 of 11