x

Counting the cash drawer in the Square app to track opening and closing drawer

Can you add a scrfeen to count up and down your cash in the cash drawer to open/close cash drawer? Having to get out a calculator and paper to do this is very time consuming and then there is no paper trail. If we could have an option to enter the coins, bills and rolls and it tell you a total and then you can start the drawer and end of day do the same to know what needs to come out and go for deposit.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Super Seller Alumni

Cash management is an option on the Square Point of sale app when using a tablet.  I doesn't let you enter count for each denomination but you can enter drawer total and it will track over and shorts.

Message 2 of 4
Beta Member

Fabulous idea! I second this request! 

The basic cash management feature of only entering the total found in the drawer is incomplete. 

Needed:

*Space to enter the quantity of each denomination (bills & coins)

*Automatic calculation of total based on entry of above

*Ability to recount & re-enter if the total isn't what was expected

*A space for notes

I would LOVE to have a record of this information on my Drawer Report each day! 

Message 3 of 4
Beta Member

I personally can count my drawer in my head usually, until we have a large sales day, and then I have to use the calculator, and often have to start over because I lost track along the way, or hit the wrong button on the calculator. Not a biggie, since I'm the owner. 

It becomes more of an issue with both older and younger employees. I have one who is in her 60s, and my own teenage children. I don't want to be hovering or helping or checking ANY of them! And I don't want to pay them for an extra half hour because they were trying to figure out what they miscounted!

Thank you, Square, for considering this!

Message 4 of 4