x

Does Square accept Federal Government Credit Cards?

Are Federal Government Credit Cards accepted?

Message 1 of 10
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

You can use Square to accept payments from any cards with the Visa, Mastercard, American Express, or Discover logos. However, Square cannot guarantee approval of government or military cards such as GSA cards, as these cards are highly regulated and have strict policies around spending. The acceptance of these cards is dependent on the card issuer. 

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Square

Best Answer

You can use Square to accept payments from any cards with the Visa, Mastercard, American Express, or Discover logos. However, Square cannot guarantee approval of government or military cards such as GSA cards, as these cards are highly regulated and have strict policies around spending. The acceptance of these cards is dependent on the card issuer. 

Message 2 of 10

Please let me know if I can use my reader to take payments.

Message 3 of 10
Admin

Hey @joedimatulac, thanks for getting in touch! It looks like another seller had this question. See Spenser's reply for more information. Hope this helps clear things up.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 4 of 10

Will Square accept a State of South Carolina Purchasing Card (P-Card)? The P-Card Program (Program) uses a VISA© purchasing card issued by Bank of America.

Message 5 of 10
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Dennisw595 - Welcome to The Seller Community, it's always nice to see a new face 😊

Great Question.

As long as the P-Card is one of our accepted card types you are welcome to accept it using Square. 

Square works with any US-issued and most internationally-issued magstripe or chip cards bearing a Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover, JCB, or UnionPay logo.

I hope this helps. 

As always, feel free to stop by The Community with question, concerns and even feature requests. We are more than happy to assist.

Ria
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 10

Hi Ria, so I have a code that the government official gave to be able to run his card how do i use it to get the transaction to complete.  

Message 7 of 10

Hey @eastcoasttow,

Jumping in for RIia, but first, I want to say welcome to the Community! 

Please check out this Best Answer from above.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions. 

Message 8 of 10

Did you ever get an answer for accepting the P=Card?

Message 9 of 10

Hi @Paige3 - I see this is your first post in the Seller Community so I'd like to officially welcome you! 🎉👏

Please see the Best Answer to this question at the top of the thread. You can also review the types of accepted cards here in our Support Center. 

I hope this information is helpful but please do let me know if you have any additional questions.

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 10 of 10