x

FEATURE REQUEST: Optional Note field with Socket Mobile reader

I run a hospital gift shop, and employees who visit the shop can opt to pay for their purchase out of their next paycheck. For these customers, we select "Other Payment Method" -> "Other" and then would like to be able to scan their badge number into the "Optional Note" field so we can match everything up later.

However, the Socket Mobile reader cannot scan into this field, which makes it necessary for us to have TWO scanners - the Socket scanner for ringing up purchases, and a generic scanner for scanning the badge.

It would be nice to be able to scan into the "Optional Note" field in the same way I can a SKU field when creating a new item.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Hi @OUMCVolunteers, thanks for taking the time to bring this up.

While I don't have another workaround that I can suggest right now, I'll be sure to share your experience with our Product Liaison team — having to use two different barcode scanners for the the same transaction sounds cumbersome. We're always working on improvements based on seller feedback.

Please keep in touch for updates and let us know if you ever have any other questions.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 2