x

How can my friend send eGift Cards they purchased from me to winners of a giveaway?

The title of this post has been edited from the original: egift cards purchased for give away

I have a friend who bought several eGift cards for me to use as contest give aways to my clients, how can I transfer those to the people who will "win" them? Also how do I process them when they actually use them for services/products?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Alumni

Hi there @dog_lady

The eGift Card recipient (your friend, in this case) should have received an email with a 16-digit redemption code, one for each eGift Card purchased. Within that email, there is a  View Your eGift Card button at the bottom. Clicking that will allow a phone number to be entered so that it is associated with the eGift Card.

Because your friend purchased these eGift Cards, they are all associated with your friend's email address. Your friend could forward the email with the 16-digit code to the winners, one for each winner. Once the winner received the email, they can follow the steps above to link their phone numbers. Then, they'll be able to redeem funds from this eGift Card using either their phone number, or the 16-digit code.

If you'd like to see what this looks like, take a look at this video. We cover the redemption process here starting at the 1:30 timestamp. Please let us know if you still have questions!

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2