x

How do I change the settings so customers need to order at least 24hours before their pick up time?

How do I change the settings so customers need to order at least 24hours before their pick up time.

For example. We open at Thursday 4:30pm. They have to place the order Wednesday before 4:30pm. 

Or

All Thursday's order will be cut off Wednesday at Midnight

Thanks in advance for the help

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Admin

Hey @ChefChan-

It sounds like you need to set a prep time for your items. You can set it up so that your prep time is 24-hours, which will prevent customers from being able to place orders less than a day before the pickup time:

If you'd like to set up a prep time for all of your orders, you can do so by going to Online Store > Settings > Pickup & Delivery > Edit Location > Edit Hours:

I hope this helps! 💡

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 2 of 6

@isabelle wrote:

Hey @ChefChan-

It sounds like you need to set a prep time for your items. You can set it up so that your prep time is 24-hours, which will prevent customers from being able to place orders less than a day before the pickup time:

If you'd like to set up a prep time for all of your orders, you can do so by going to Online Store > Settings > Pickup & Delivery > Edit Location > Edit Hours:

I hope this helps! 💡

@isabelle wrote:

Hey @ChefChan-

I hope this helps! 💡

I’d like to see custom prep time option in variations. Some variations take longer than others for prep time. 

Message 3 of 6

We offer daily specials that people can order up to a week in advance. The current pickup options do not work because we can't select a single day for the 'Special' so we have added pick up times as a variation on our item but our order confirmations give one date based on the pick up prep time of the item that does not match our order date. Is there any functionality that would give us access to select a specific date for an item? This is causing our customers a lot of confusion on the their confirmation emails. 

Message 4 of 6
Square Community Moderator

Hello @Zulu_Mini

Welcome to our Seller Community!

Have you gotten a chance to play around with the prep times? I have moved your post here, where another seller had a similar question. The ability to select a specific date for a specific item is not available yet. However, we have been suggesting to sellers to set up their prep times for a later time. This may only work if you are running a sale that week as it will change your daily prep time settings as well. I see where the confusion can lie with your sellers and agree that having a feature that can allow customers to order for a later date can help. This is a popular request that we hope will be available one day. I will make sure to follow up with you here if this gets updated at any time. In the meantime, take a look at @isabelle  best answer. 

Have a great day!

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 5 of 6

I'm looking forward to 20,25 mins etc. too.

Message 6 of 6