x

How many customers actually want a paper receipt?

I'm the treasurer of a neighborhood festival that sellings house tour tickets, t-shirts and posters, and I'm considering not getting a printer and just hand writting receipts for people that want a hard copy. I suspect that most people are okay with digital receipts or no receipt but wanted to ask the community for input.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Super Seller Alumni

Hi @IP-Festival,

We own a very busy lunch counter and serve hundreds of customers each day. Only a small fraction of Credit/Debit Card customers want a printed receipt. My guess would say less than 5 percent want a printed receipt.

Message 2 of 7
Alumni

Thanks for the reply, @Ron - very much in line with what I've noticed at quick-service restaurants, and what I personally usually do. 😊

@sciabica1936, what're your thoughts on receipts in a retail environment? Do most of your customers decline printed receipts or opt for digital? 

@IP-Festival - good luck with your event, and I hope this helps! 

Message 3 of 7
Alumni

Thanks for the reply, @VanKalkerFarms - interesting to see such a big difference between in store and at the farmer's market. 

Message 4 of 7
Super Seller

looking at my reply I see I left a big piece of information out, we don't have printers at market. so the only option is digital.  I guess in my head I knew that but didn't state it.

Message 5 of 7
Alumni

No worries, @VanKalkerFarms. Thanks for the clarification! 

Message 6 of 7
Super Seller

I would say in our retail store that 99.5% of people want the paper receipt. very few enter their email address for a receipt.

at our farmer's markets 80% get a digital receipt and the rest don't care.

Message 7 of 7