x

How to remove email address from old Square account?

[The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Release of deleted e-mail address]

I did not realize when I started to add a item library that I was doing it under an old account.  Due to the amount of work I put in I deleted my newly established account in hopes of changing the email of my old account to the new one for my business.  Problem is, even though the new account has been deleted (with the new email account I want to use), I cannot change the old account email to the new business email as it gives the error that the new email is associated with another account.  

Does anyone know if the deleted accounts email will ever be freed up for me to use again on my other account or will it always be linked to the deleted account and I'm now SOL?

Message 1 of 5
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

Got my answer.  You have to call in to the help center at[Redacted] and they can disassociate the deleted e-mail manually and sync it with the active account.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Best Answer

Got my answer.  You have to call in to the help center at[Redacted] and they can disassociate the deleted e-mail manually and sync it with the active account.

Message 2 of 5

On my website the email address is correct but when I go to my POS terminal it is not correct. How do I get that old email from 20 years ago out of my POS terminal. They keep trying to send me email to my old email and text to my old phone which they cannot do. If you know the answer to this I would appreciate some help..

Message 3 of 5
Square Community Moderator

Hey @Rbaker,

In Square, you can change your email address under the Account & Settings tab located in your Square Dashboard. Also, are you seeing the old address on your customer receipt that is sent via text or email?

Let us know if this worked for you.

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 4 of 5

Sayra is correct

Lee

Message 5 of 5