x

How to streamline checkout process with online store for local delivery?

The title of this thread has been updated from: "Hey Square, you are loosing money!"

I was really frustrated with the inability to make the checkout process easier for my biz and my customer.  My business is similar to a florist where customers place an order for local delivery (not shipping) on a specific date like a birthday.  I saw a few posts in the community from other users on this topic and wondered how many people have stopped using their Square Online Store because of missing information at checkout?  -or- How many customers moved on and purchased from another business?  After a quick look at user names and actually looking at a few websites, I noticed they were not using an online store.  Which means lost revenue for the user and for Square.  So then, I wondered how many users would benefit from having shipping and delivery options with fields for ship/deliver to address, bill to address and a delivery date selection. A quick search on user names containing specific keywords found:
44 Flower
33 Bakery
81 Cake
119 Cafe
71 Food
42 Pizza
Most of the users were Level 1 which could mean they are using a bunch of work-arounds, dropped Square and found another online platform or have given up on providing online ordering to their customers.  This leads to more lost revenue for Square.  If small businesses like mine is not able to sell to customers online, we are loosing money, our growth is hindered and Square is missing out on transaction fees.  Also it's is absurd the feature to "review an order before accepting" only works for pick-up orders, that option should be available for all orders.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Alumni

Hi @aPopOfColor - Apologies for the frustration that you have been experiencing. I understand how not having a separate delivery address/date can slow down the operations for your type of business and will definitely share your feedback with our Online Store team. While I don't have an ETA on if or when we'd be able to offer the features you're looking for within Online Store, I recommend checking out our E-Commerce partners who may have a viable solution for you in the meantime. Sean has an awesome post with more information about the options that are available with different partners. 

I know it's not the exact answer you're looking for, but hope that it at least helps to get you in the right direction. If you have any further questions, let us know!

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 2 of 2