x

I am trying to decide what I need to get started. Every Saturday beginning this March-November I wi

I am trying to decide what I need to get started.  Every Saturday beginning this March-November I will be selling arts and crafts at a local outdoor market.  I know for sure that I want to purchase the Square Reader for contactless and chip and use the free magstripe reader for backup to process credit/debit card payments with my iPad.  Do I have to buy the Square Stand to use the Square Reader for contactless and chip?  Electrical power will not be available at my events.  I know my iPad will need to be charged will the chip readers also need to be charged? How?  I don’t understand that part of this technology.  I will be using a simple cash box for cash transactions.  I will not be printing any receipts.  I do not want or need the register but I am not sure about the stand.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Super Seller

You do not need the Square Stand.  Having just an iPad, or iPhone or some Android phones, and the contactless reader will be fine.  Yes, the Contactless reader will need to be charged, but it lasts more than a day.  It charges via a micro USB cable which is the industry standard.

Message 2 of 3

Thanks.  This is what I needed to know.

Message 3 of 3