x

I am wondering if we can manually enter credit card numbers if we don't have the card itself?

JackieR

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Should be an option to enter the credit card number on the Square app. After you enter the charge and choose credit there should be a line where you can put in number and you just tap that and enter the card number.

Hope that helps. I'm not actually looking at it at the moment but remember it being like that. 

Message 2 of 5
Square

Yep that's right, @PVS

Check out the detailed steps to Manually Key In Card Payments in the Support Center, @JackieR 

Don't hesitate to follow up with us if there's anything further we can do to help!

Message 3 of 5

What is considered a manually-entered transaction? Does that include online payments?

Message 4 of 5
Admin

Hello @zalmanives! I've moved your post here so you can see @PVS's description of how to manually enter a charge. A manually entered charge is where you key in your customer's debit/credit card information to the app to complete the payment, without using the reader. 

The fee for Online transactions is actually different; it's 2.9% + 30 cents of the total transaction amount. 

If you have any other questions please let me know! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 5 of 5