x

I'm 17, but have my own business. Why can't I get a square?

It says I have to be 18 or older to set up an account but I have a business at 17. And I also have a bank account. So why can't I get a card reader? Square support won't email me back
Message 1 of 2
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

@Ashlyn If you are from the United States, the general age of majority in regards to binding contracts is 18. As a minor, Square cannot hold you accountable for your actions.  Therefore, it would not be in their best interest to extend service to you at this time. If you have proof of emancipation perhaps they could reconsider.  If your bank account is conjoined with an adult, that adult could apply for the Square and you would still have access to the funds.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

Best Answer

@Ashlyn If you are from the United States, the general age of majority in regards to binding contracts is 18. As a minor, Square cannot hold you accountable for your actions.  Therefore, it would not be in their best interest to extend service to you at this time. If you have proof of emancipation perhaps they could reconsider.  If your bank account is conjoined with an adult, that adult could apply for the Square and you would still have access to the funds.

Message 2 of 2